Phone stuck on Edge

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
My sons phone is jailbroken and it is stuck on Edge all of a sudden. No matter what he does it never leaves edge. Any ideas? Is it a JB issue?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You stated "no matter what he does" -- Can you elaborate a bit on that? What all has he done to fix the problem?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
My sons phone is jailbroken and it is stuck on Edge all of a sudden. No matter what he does it never leaves edge. Any ideas? Is it a JB issue?

I've noticed sometimes that when a phone is in a bad connection area, it can have trouble reconnecting to 4G/LTE signals when it returns to the high signal area. It can usually be fixed with a respring (rebooting usually isn't necessary) or by just waiting it out.

One thing I have seen reports of that is jailbreak specific is an app called Battery Doctor Pro. Many users have said that it screws up their cell radios--if he uses that I'd definitely advise rethinking it.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. He doesn't have that installed. He has tried respring, hard resets, turning data and and off. Nothing works. Last night in our house where we have great LTE he turned off wifi and it went right into Edge. Never went to even 4g. Weird.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok he fixed it. And we both feel like idiots!! Turns out he went to notification center and his 3G button was turned off!! Duh. Thanks for everyone's help.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok he fixed it. And we both feel like idiots!! Turns out he went to notification center and his 3G button was turned off!! Duh. Thanks for everyone's help.

(Laughing)...Hey, it happens..:)...I'm just glad he got it figured out. Thanks for the update and enjoy the rest of your evening...;)

Asaf Galon

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi, my phone is stuck on "E" most of the time... ive already replace sim card, reset to factory settings... everything i can..... im on EE with iphone 5 please help me !!
(all settings show correct)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234