Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default iPhone 2G stuck on "connect to iTunes" screen (recovery loop maybe?)

I've been doing a ton of things to try and get this phone 1)jailbroke and 2)unlock it to be used on a different carrier. My brother gave me the phone yesterday and said it was broke, and I'm not stupid when it comes to technology, but this iPhone is about to go out the window. As I said, he said it was broke, so I hooked up an iPod/iPhone cable I had lying around up to it, and put it on my computer. It turned on, hit the main screen and said no sim card or something then turned off. I went to iTunes to update or recover it to no avail. Tried jailbreaking it, now its currently stuck with the connect to iTunes screen until i "recover" it, the apple icon along with a status bar shows up, but doesnt move, then the recovery fails shortly there after. if you need any more info, please feel free to ask away. I just want to get this thing working.

Global Posts
    11,121 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: iPhone 2G stuck on "connect to iTunes" screen (recovery loop maybe?)

moved to jailbreak forum...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: iPhone 2G stuck on "connect to iTunes" screen (recovery loop maybe?)

can this get deleted? I used a different computer and it installed the firmware just fine. the battery is toasted.. yay.

Global Posts
    11,121 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Azarius Jenkins View Post
    can this get deleted? I used a different computer and it installed the firmware just fine. the battery is toasted.. yay.
    Will close thread...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates