IPhone 5 Maximum Capacity Battery

AsianJelly

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a verizon Iphone 5 which i got around February. So far everything is great, and i have it jailbroken with minimal tweaks. However, after looking at an battery app, I noticed my battery's maximum capacity is hovering around 1360 mAh, compared to the 1440 mAh it should be. It fluctuates everyday, but never gets past 1400. Should be concerned?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
As much as I would like to answer this I am going to ask that this be moved to the Jailbreak section where more people familiar with this can help you. Thank you.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Mine charges up to 1440 max. Sometimes it's 1431, or somewhere Around 100.x% I got a refurb a couple weeks ago so I can't provide a great example about life. My launch i5 was getting worse battery life. While I didn't have battery info installed, I could visibly see the difference between the two phones. My old one would go to 15-30% by the end of the day. My new one will be 30-40% after same heavy usage.

Batteries degrade over time. That's one f the reasons I avoided iPhones for so long. With my blackberries I'd just carry an extra battery or two with me. I'd never have to plug my phone into the wall and always had a descent supply. With my iPod touch that's 2 years old, battery life is horrible. I used Ti use it in my cars stereo via USB or now I just use it for music at home so battery life isn't so crucial for it. For my phone I need great battery life. With apple care you can just swap for a new phone when it's under 50%

AsianJelly

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
So am I Okay for the meantime? I have noticed a very slight battery drop, but I don't want it to get any worse. How did I lose 100 mAh in just 2 months?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
As you stated before, you lost the 100mah right away. Over the past two months, it's been steady at that level.

You're fine.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
From what Ive read, the iphone charges in three phases. Phase 1 is speed charging, phase 2 is trickle charge, and phase 3 is where it very slowly goes up to 100%. I am guessing you "fully charged it" to the point where the iphone says 100% but is not necessarily 1400 mah. I am assuming your iphone still says 100% when it reaches 1360 mah. I suggest trying to charge your phone fully before unplugging it. Theres times I plug my phone in around 3-5 am and when I wakeup its under 1400 mah, so I leave it plugged in while I get ready for the day and unplug when my battery info NC tweak says 100%. Either way, its not like its getting worse or even at a terrible number.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73