Jailbreak 6.1.3 on iPhone 3Gs

Seue

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am having some issues jailbreaking iOS 6.1.3 on a (new version) 3Gs.
I am using Redsn0w for Mac, build 0.9.15b3.

In Redsn0w I've manually selected IPSW and chosen my "iPhone2,3_6.1.3_10b329_Restore.ipsw" file.
Due to the serial number being xx017xxxxxx I selected "yes" for this being a new version of the 3Gs.

After that I boot the phone in DFU mode and initiate the jailbreak, only selecting "Install Cydia" in Redsn0w.

So far I've had three outcomes:
1. Redsn0w gets stuck on "Waiting for reboot"
2. My entire mid '10 Macbook Pro freezes and requires a forced reboot.
3. I get the following error message:

Missing Keys.plist data for this build:

Device: iPhone 3GS
ECID: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Build: iPhone2,3_6.1.3_10B329

Can anyone here tell me what to do or what I do wrong?

Sincerely,
A desperate jailbreaker

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Assisting you is important to us and there are times when the members of this community who can best provide you with assistance to your particular issue or concern may not be available at the time of your post so please be patient while awaiting a reply. In the meantime, feel free to peruse the various sections of the iMore forum as well as the iMore Blog and check back periodically for a reply to your post. Thank you.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
You are doing nothing wrong.

The problem is, redsn0w doesn't officially support 6.1.3. This error is known and suspected. The only real thing to do is keep trying; eventually it should work, though your jailbreak may be tethered and require a "just boot", since it's new bootrom.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Will that change anything regarding the way I will have to boot the phone afterwards?

Yes. If your jailbreak is tethered, every time you want to reboot your phone you must plug it into your computer, put it into DFU mode and use redsn0w to boot tethered 9I think it's extras--just boot). There will be guides on how to do that.

Seue

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Okay, and that won't change when Redsn0w (hopefully) release a build supporting 6.1.3? Thanks a lot for your help by the way. :)

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Have things changed Laelipoo?

If not, he has the wrong IPSW and that's part of the problem. Last I saw, you had to use the 6.0 IPSW to trick it.

It was also a semi-untethered.

You only needed to plug back in to gain the jailbreak tweaks/apps. It would boot up as stock normally making it a bit more useful than the tethered jailbreak.

Seue

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Let's say that I make a semi-untethered jailbreak using the 6.0 IPSW (I've also read that it should work somewhere).

(I didn't mention this before, as I didn't know about the tethered-issue)
But the phone is my roommates and I am just jailbreaking it for her. If I jailbreak it using my Mac, can't she then be able to download using Cydia if, let's say, I'm out or one of us moves etc.? And using the tethered jailbreak, she wont even be able to turn it on if lets say the battery runs out?
The only way to achieve that is using untethered - which is not possible. Did I understand correctly?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Have things changed Laelipoo?

If not, he has the wrong IPSW and that's part of the problem. Last I saw, you had to use the 6.0 IPSW to trick it.

It was also a semi-untethered.

You only needed to plug back in to gain the jailbreak tweaks/apps. It would boot up as stock normally making it a bit more useful than the tethered jailbreak.

I didn't see that he was using 6.1.3 in redsn0w but yes you're right. Still a little bit of a pain, but better than nothing.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Let's say that I make a semi-untethered jailbreak using the 6.0 IPSW (I've also read that it should work somewhere).

(I didn't mention this before, as I didn't know about the tethered-issue)
But the phone is my roommates and I am just jailbreaking it for her. If I jailbreak it using my Mac, can't she then be able to download using Cydia if, let's say, I'm out or one of us moves etc.? And using the tethered jailbreak, she wont even be able to turn it on if lets say the battery runs out?
The only way to achieve that is using untethered - which is not possible. Did I understand correctly?

Does she have a computer at all?

With anything other than untethered, you'll need a computer to maintain the jailbreak after a reboot. It won't have to be the same computer, just a computer.

If you're looking for an untethered solution, you'll either need to wait or hope its been jailbroken before. Use redsn0w to query cydia for old shsh blobs. If some exist, you can downgrade to jailbreak.

Untethered on 6.1.3 is impossible, yes.

Seue

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a lot all of you.

I won't do anything until I can find a untethered 6.1.3 (if that will be released), as we don't want it to require a PC to maintain it for daily usage.
Once again, thanks - This have been extremely informative. :)

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot all of you.

I won't do anything until I can find a untethered 6.1.3 (if that will be released), as we don't want it to require a PC to maintain it for daily usage.
Once again, thanks - This have been extremely informative. :)

It's very unlikely they'll release a jailbreak for 6.1.3. Most likely, we won't see another jailbreak until after iOS7, which may not include the 3GS as a supported device.

Something to think about, you won't need a PC for daily usage with the semi-untethered. If you're unable to downgrade, the phone would work but would just lose the jailbreak toys after a power cycle. It might get annoying at times, but it won't disable the phone without hooking up to the PC.

Have you tried looking to see if there are older SHSH blobs saved for her phone? I'm not sure if there are features included in 6.0 that are important to either of you or if a jailbroken 5.x phone would be preferred.

Seue

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, she have now decided that if it requires a PC in anyway, it's not something for her. So I think I will leave it here.
Once again, thanks a lot.

Connor Paterson

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Instead of trying to jailbreak it straight off, download the iOS 6.0 ipsw from felixbruns.de.

I am aware that your iphone may be on 6.1.3 , but this ipsw contains the necassary information that is needed for the 6.1.3 jailbreak.

once you have downloaded the file, open redsnow, go into extras, selct ipsw, and choose your file you rjust dowloaded, then if it asks if your iphone is a newer model , then follow the instructions and select the appropriate option.

once identified, go ahead and go back to the main menu , but do not close redsnow. use the navigation buttons to go back to the main menu, and click jailbreak. instead of following the instructions, hold your home and power buttons down for 10 seconds, then release the power button, and hold the home button for 15 seonds, or near abouts there anyway.

once it has finished, which could take about 15-20 minutes, then you will need to close redsn0w. the jailbreak will freeze at various points, especially when it says its moving appications, this takes a fairly long time, BUT it does work.

once you have closed redsnow down, open it back up , and go back into extras, and select ipsw, and selct our file again, now instaed of going back to the main menu, choose 'just boot' and once this has been succesfully onw, your iPhone 3GS on 6.1.3 is now on a tethered Jailbreak. once you have set up the cydia database, add the source semitethered jailbreak

this brings your device onto a semi tethered jailbreak , which means that you can re start your device, with limited jailbreak functionality.

Kurtis Craig

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Hey I am having issues following an attempt to jailbreak my iphone following this online guide. here.Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 iPhone 4 / 3GS / iPod Touch With Redsn0w [Guide]
Something to note is that my power button is broken, so I had to enter DRM mode using this guide. iClarified - iPhone - How to Enter DFU Mode With a Broken Home or Power Button (Windows)
I am using a macbook pro 8,2 an iphone 3gs operating on 6.1.3.

The issue arose after running redsnow, a wall of code appeared on my phone approximately 10 seconds, and then the screen went blank for about 15 minutes. I assumed that the installation had finished, so I use the Just boot command as the guide showed, and my computer could not recognize my phone at all.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
From what ive read, the redsnow method takes a long time to load and you should just let it finish. Try a restore in itu es if your not able to use your phone any other way.

Nyan_Cat100

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am having some issues jailbreaking iOS 6.1.3 on a (new version) 3Gs.
I am using Redsn0w for Mac, build 0.9.15b3.

In Redsn0w I've manually selected IPSW and chosen my "iPhone2,3_6.1.3_10b329_Restore.ipsw" file.
Due to the serial number being xx017xxxxxx I selected "yes" for this being a new version of the 3Gs.

After that I boot the phone in DFU mode and initiate the jailbreak, only selecting "Install Cydia" in Redsn0w.

So far I've had three outcomes:
1. Redsn0w gets stuck on "Waiting for reboot"
2. My entire mid '10 Macbook Pro freezes and requires a forced reboot.
3. I get the following error message:

Can anyone here tell me what to do or what I do wrong?

Sincerely,
A desperate jailbreaker

You can semi tether the Redsn0w 6.1.3 jailbreak with semitether from Cydia
Add the repo http://bigboss.org/semitether
And install the semitether tweak from that repo
Here this video is the reason I'm now jail broken on my iPhone 3GS iOS 6.1.3 semi-tethered
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HXlzLP1hbKE#

Sent from my iPhone 3GS