Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    674 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default How to add downloaded fonts to BytaFont

Hello all,
    I was wondering if anyone knew how to add a downloaded font from my Mac to my iPhone to use with BytaFont.

Here's what I've noticed:
    1) Each .font folder in BytaFont have staple fonts: Georgia, Helvetica, LockClock, and a couple others. ALL folders have these .ttf files in them but I don't see the actual [font].ttf file in them. I don't know if the font is embedded in the folder or what.
    2) BytaFont will not allow a font to be selected UNLESS it has those staple font files in the folder.
    3) If I copy and paste the staple font files into the [font].font folder I'm trying to add, it will appear as the font which I copied the staple folders from.

I'm completely lost on what else I could possible do to just simply get the MarkerFelt font able to be used in BytaFont!

If anyone has some pointers, or a solution, please let me know!
    The energy of the mind is the essence of life.

Global Posts
    20,310 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: How to add downloaded fonts to BytaFont

3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    674 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Thank you D, I tried using these steps but the part that was confusing me was "create a folder for the font you want to add, e.g. <MyFont>.font and copy all the ttc/ttf files in this folder (Georgia.ttf, GeorgiaBold.ttf, GeorgiaBoldItalic.ttf, GeorgiaItalic.ttf, Helvetica.ttc, HelveticaNeue.ttc, HelveticaNeueExtras.ttc, LockClock.ttc, MarkerFeltThin.ttf, PhoneKeyCaps.ttf, PhoneKeyCapsTwo.ttf, PhonepadTwo.ttf)"
    I don't understand where I'm supposed to get those fonts that need to be in the folder, because if I copy and paste from another font folder then it will look like the font I copied from.

Global Posts
    20,310 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by iRy757 View Post
    Thank you D, I tried using these steps but the part that was confusing me was "create a folder for the font you want to add, e.g. <MyFont>.font and copy all the ttc/ttf files in this folder (Georgia.ttf, GeorgiaBold.ttf, GeorgiaBoldItalic.ttf, GeorgiaItalic.ttf, Helvetica.ttc, HelveticaNeue.ttc, HelveticaNeueExtras.ttc, LockClock.ttc, MarkerFeltThin.ttf, PhoneKeyCaps.ttf, PhoneKeyCapsTwo.ttf, PhonepadTwo.ttf)"
    I don't understand where I'm supposed to get those fonts that need to be in the folder, because if I copy and paste from another font folder then it will look like the font I copied from.
    I take it to mean that you should copy the fonts that YOU want into that particular folder, but I could be wrong. My devices are not jailbroken and I know little to nothing about jailbreaking. Sorry.
    Thanked by:
    iRy757 (04-26-2013)
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    674 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    I take it to mean that you should copy the fonts that YOU want into that particular folder, but I could be wrong. My devices are not jailbroken and I know little to nothing about jailbreaking. Sorry.
    No problem man, truly appreciate your input!
    Thanked by:
    JustMe'D (04-26-2013)
    iMore Guru

iOS Version

You would add the fonts (ttf files) to the myfonts folder. See image. How to add downloaded fonts to BytaFont-imageuploadedbytapatalk1367065531.908072.jpg

Sent from a custom iPhone4s with Tapatalk