Can I use a 6.1.3 iCloud backup on 6.1.2 ?
I had to swap out my phone. I did an iCloud backup before taking in my phone. I am not sure if my iCloud backup is from 6.1.3 though. Would I still be able to restore my iCloud backup for my current 6.1.2 phone even if the iCloud backup is from 6.1.3? I don't want it to update my iOS firmware to 6.1.3 for obvious reasons. Thanks.
- 04-23-2013, 04:40 PM #2
Re: Can I use a 6.1.3 iCloud backup on 6.1.2 ?
According to the Apple website, iOS does not support restoring a backup from a newer version of iOS to a device using an older version of iOS. That information was found at the link below:
With that in mind, you did state that you were not sure if your iCloud backup was from iOS 6.1.3 so, in my opinion, try to restore it. If the backup was indeed performed with iOS 6.1.3, you will more than likely receive an alert or error message of some sort indicating that the restore cannot be performed. Note: my devices are not jailbroken and have never been and I am totally ignorant in regard to jailbreaking.
- By stormin70 in forum iCloudReplies: 7Last Post: 08-07-2013, 01:38 AM
- By dfb8085 in forum iCloudReplies: 4Last Post: 04-22-2012, 08:47 PM
- By kittycatspawz#IM in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 03-01-2009, 05:03 PM
- By jaguar11 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 4Last Post: 02-17-2009, 02:47 PM
- By beardieman in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 4Last Post: 01-27-2009, 11:36 AM