- iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
PLEASE HELP!! iPhone just deleted everything in my phone
So like the title says, my iPhone 4am is jail broken with evasion for 6.1.2 and I was just scrolling through my contacts and about to text someone when my phone suddenly tells me I have no contacts. I try to respring and my phone gets stuck on the apple logo. I finally get it back to the home page using the top volume button on start up and now I still have no contacts, all my messages and photos are gone and most of my tweaks. Cydia is still there along with a few other apps. Someone please tell me what the **** just happened and how do I fix it if I even can
- 04-22-2013, 09:36 AM #2
Re: PLEASE HELP!! iPhone just deleted everything in my phone
I'm not sure what caused it.
As far as ways to fix it:
1) Did you have your photos/contacts/etc syncing with the cloud? If so, you should be able to retrieve them from there.
2) Were you backing up semi-frequently? You can restore a backup, just not the phone. If you do that, you'll bring back pictures, texts, and contacts. You'll have to sync to get music and apps, but it's a start.
3) If you didn't have an app backup downloaded from Cydia, you'll have to go back through and download those.
If you're only able to boot up with the top volume button, you're booting up in safe mode. You might want to try to uninstall your most recent tweaks and then boot back up. The tweaks should still show up in your packages list in Cydia, they're just disabled to ensure they won't mess with your phone right now. Do you remember what you installed most recently?
- 04-22-2013, 01:07 PM #3
- 04-22-2013, 02:16 PM #4
- By antwire in forum iOS 5Replies: 8Last Post: 12-22-2015, 06:52 PM
- By Jeep14 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 6Last Post: 11-30-2011, 07:20 PM
- By steppyclement in forum iPhone 3G ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 06-16-2011, 12:09 AM
- By trapzilla2002 in forum iTunesReplies: 2Last Post: 03-12-2009, 08:56 AM
- By whatever7 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 36Last Post: 09-06-2007, 10:14 PM