broken lock button, jailbroken, take to apple store?

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
My lock button has been acting up. First it would take 3 pushes to work, now 6. I setup an activator action to lock my screen but my friend just took his phone to apple and got a new one on 6.1.2. Im wondering if I need to restore my phone to new before bringing it in to apple. I can turn off all my winterboard stuff and disable all my activator actions, but the settings app will still show all my cydia stuff. Is there going to be a problem with swapping my device? I dont want to update to 6.1.3 and then not get one on 6.1.2 unable to jailbreak. My phone still works with the activator action but if im able to swap for one with 6.1.2 thatd be great. I saved my blobs with shsh-it but I am reading that I still cannot restore to 6.1.2

Anyone know if I can restore to 6.1.2 stock with my shsh-it blobs? Or can I just disable all my tweaks and bring to apple asking for a 6.1.2 phone?

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Is there going to be a problem with swapping my device?
I would unjailbreak it before returning it to ensure that there wouldn't be any problems.

I dont want to update to 6.1.3 and then not get one on 6.1.2 unable to jailbreak.
The longer you wait, the less likely you will be to get one o 6.1.2. They have whatever operating system was the latest on their date of manufacture. 6.1.3 came out on 3/19/13 so you would need to get a phone that was manufactured before then.

Anyone know if I can restore to 6.1.2 stock with my shsh-it blobs?
if your device is an iphone 4s or 5, you cannot.

Or can I just disable all my tweaks and bring to apple asking for a 6.1.2 phone?
you need to ask them for one with a manufacture date before 3/19/13.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
As others have said, you'll need to restore before bringing it in. As jailbreaking officially voids the warranty, they're less likely to help you with a jailbroken device.

I'm assuming you're on a 5 or 4s as you're looking at returning it as an option. The SHSH blobs, even if stored manually, won't do anything for you as of yet. Don't worry about those. Even if you're on the 4, they'd be useless to you after an exchange. Blobs are specific to the device.

They generally give you a new phone. You're not likely to get them to open the phone, check the iOS, and then exchange. You can ask, but you open the door to jailbreaking questions by doing so.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I'm on a 5. I'm a little hesitant about returning for a 6.1.3 since I use math alarm to wake up. I hate how the default alarm is so easily dismissed. I'd also like to keep using my activator and zephyr actions to preserve my home and lock button.

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I'm on a 5. I'm a little hesitant about returning for a 6.1.3 since I use math alarm to wake up. I hate how the default alarm is so easily dismissed. I'd also like to keep using my activator and zephyr actions to preserve my home and lock button.
The quicker you return it, the more likely you will be to get one on 6.1.2. The busier the Apple store, the less likely this will happen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2