Results 1 to 4 of 4
- iPhone Nanite
- 7 Posts
Upgrading iPhone 4S from 6.0.1 without losing JB
I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4S on iOS 6.0.1. I did an iTunes backup before the jailbreak, as advised. Google Maps isn't working since yesterday - probably something to do with all the Cydia tweaks I installed. I tried removing all the tweaks but that didn't work either.
So, I'm looking for a way to go back to stock 6.0.1 or whatever version is possible. Also, how can I upgrade to the latest jailbreakable iOS version possible (I know this question must have been asked a thousand times already, but I don't want to follow outdated advice, so any upto-date, trustworthy link would be great, guys).
- 04-21-2013, 09:01 AM #2iMore Genius
- 8,068 Posts
- iOS Version
- iOS 182
Re: Upgrading iPhone 4S from 6.0.1 without losing JB
currently there is no way to restore back to the firmware you currently are on (A5+ devices) which used to be your only option in this situation (with SHSH blobs saved)
you will be forced to update to 6.1.3 which currently does not have the ability to be jailbroken and probably will not for a few months (6.1.3+)
if you truly want to preserve your current JB you will need to study/investigate (google or here) about your current issue. chances are someone else has experienced the same as you and there might be an easy fix
welcome to the Wonderful World of Jailbreak. good luck!
- 04-21-2013, 09:11 AM #3
- By galactus in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 14Last Post: 05-24-2013, 11:14 PM
- By emjayess in forum iCloudReplies: 39Last Post: 04-02-2013, 07:22 AM
- By Rene Ritchie in forum AccessoriesReplies: 1295Last Post: 10-13-2011, 01:01 PM
- By MustangLife in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 0Last Post: 10-07-2011, 06:12 PM
- By amit85 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 11-01-2008, 10:10 PM