Is removing the "phone" app after jailbreaking, easy? I'm new to this kind of thing.

Geno3883

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Basically, I have an iPhone 4 which can no longer be used as a "phone" anymore. As it can not be flashed due to an unpaid bill (parents bill, not mine, well over $1000).

I am currently on version 6.1.3.

I would like to remove the "phone" app completely, along with disabling the "Waiting for Activation, This may take some time." and the "iPhone not Activated, Ignore/Activate" notifications.

Are these things easy to accomplish after jailbreaking?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You can research and find out how to use iFile to remove it. Or, you can simply hide it with SBSettings.

But here's the catch. You're on 6.1.3 so that complicates things.

The first thing I'd try is plugging in to redsn0w and querying Cydia's servers for older SHSH blobs. If you can find an older iOS that way, it'd be your highest chance for success.

Some have had success downloading the 6.0 firmware and tricking redsn0w into jailbreaking the iPhone4. You can get that here: http://appldnld.apple.com/iOS6/Restore/041-7175.20120919.wvv7Y/iPhone3,1_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw

I'd be able to offer more guidance if I knew what you were working with for SHSH blobs. Dev-Team Blog has links to download the latest versions of redsn0w.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
after you jailbreak you can just hide the phone app as natasftw mentioned. I use it to hide some random apps I dont need to use often. I can just open them through search anyways if needed.

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Basically, I have an iPhone 4 which can no longer be used as a "phone" anymore. As it can not be flashed due to an unpaid bill (parents bill, not mine, well over $1000).

I am currently on version 6.1.3.

I would like to remove the "phone" app completely, along with disabling the "Waiting for Activation, This may take some time." and the "iPhone not Activated, Ignore/Activate" notifications.

Are these things easy to accomplish after jailbreaking?

There are companies like MetroPCS or Cricket who will flash the phone for you to use it on their network... My aunt uses my old VZW iPhone 4 on the Cricket network.

Anyways back to your question. You can use a tweak called "Poof" that can hide certain apps from the homescreen.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
There are companies like MetroPCS or Cricket who will flash the phone for you to use it on their network... My aunt uses my old VZW iPhone 4 on the Cricket network.

Anyways back to your question. You can use a tweak called "Poof" that can hide certain apps from the homescreen.
Just use SBSettings. Most users have that installed anyway.

It sounds like his flash issues come from the unpaid bill more than the phone. Will they flash a phone in that state?

Geno, you've mentioned flashing so Im assuming you're using a Verizon iPhone 4, rather than the AT&T model. redsn0w uses a tool called "hacktivation" to get around that screen. I haven't done it on a Verizon phone, but I'd assume it'd be more seamless than on AT&T. On the AT&T models it bypasses the need for activation, but harasses you about a SIM card. That doesn't stop you, but gets annoying. To fix that, put the phone in airplane mode and manually turn on wifi and bluetooth.

Did you check on SHSH blobs?

Geno3883

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I have not as jailbreaking/all that kind of stuff is new to me. I only jailbroke it once, and I reset it.

Seeing as I am on 6.1.3, should I find an earlier firmware to download or should I be fine jailbreaking under the current firmware?

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Is removing the "phone" app after jailbreaking, easy? I'm new to this kind of...

I have not as jailbreaking/all that kind of stuff is new to me. I only jailbroke it once, and I reset it.

Seeing as I am on 6.1.3, should I find an earlier firmware to download or should I be fine jailbreaking under the current firmware?

Since you don't have your SHSH blobs, I don't think downgrading to 6.1.2 will work for you... I think they might be saved on Cydia but I'm not sure if that will help you either.

I've searched around on another site... Try this:

That means yes you can downgrade your ipad2 when the new redsn0w comes out.

Download TinyUmbrella
connect iPad
open TU
go to advanced tab, check request SHSH from cydia

now in the main tab hit save SHSH, it should now save locally the available blobs.

Look here for details on downgrading:
http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/31869383801/blob-o-riffic

@OP sorry your are SOL

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Before I can give you ANY further advice, you need to take the first steps yourself. I linked you above to download redsn0w. If you're going to be able to accomplish this, you'll need redsn0w at some point. You'll either need it to downgrade and jailbreak... or you'll need it to get the semi-untethered jailbreak for iPhone4 on 6.1.3

Download the redsn0w appropriate for your computer.
Unzip it.
Hit "Extras"
Choose "SHSH Blobs"
Choose "Query"

If that reports blobs, from the time you've jailbroken in the past, your most successful route would be to downgrade and go. Otherwise, you can start by downloading the IPSW for your iPhone4 model from the iClarified link above for 6.0 Not 6.0.1. Not 6.1. Not 6.1.3. 6.0. If you run into that issue, ask for the list of steps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro