Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    xybadog's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    107 Posts

    Default Can Somebody Talk Me Through Un-JB'ing

    I want to unjailbreak my iPhone 5, more than likely only for a short time (a few days).

    My concern is I have 6.1.2 and I want to be careful that I don't get to a point in restoring where I have to update to 6.1.3 and never being able to get the JB back again (until the next evasion release, whenever that may be).

    How can I go back to stock safely so that I can stay on 6.1.2? (Never restored unjailbreaked before)
  2. #2  
    natasftw's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,084 Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1

    Default Re: Can Somebody Talk Me Through Un-JB'ing

    You can't. If you restore it will be to 6.1.3. Stay as you are or go to 6.1.3. Those are your only choices
  3. #3  
    BLiNK's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,216 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

    Default Re: Can Somebody Talk Me Through Un-JB'ing

    AND the next available jailbreak (6.1.3+) could very well be late this year
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    xybadog's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    107 Posts

    Default Re: Can Somebody Talk Me Through Un-JB'ing

    Quote Originally Posted by natasftw View Post
    You can't. If you restore it will be to 6.1.3. Stay as you are or go to 6.1.3. Those are your only choices
    I was afraid that was going to be the answer

    Can you tell me if I've got any potential conflicts with the cydia apps I have installed? I'm having some performance issues and thought I'd try to go back to stock to see if I still had the same problems. The cydia apps I have installed are:

    Activator
    Airplane SBSettings Toggle
    AppList
    Big Boss Icon Set
    Five Icon Dock
    Livewire
    LockscreenAirplaneMode
    NC Settings
    No update
    NoNewsIsGoodNews
    Ring Vibrate SBSettings Toggle
    Ringer/Silent SB Settings Toggle
    SBSettings
    SBProfiles
    Software Update Killer
    Winterboard
  5. #5  
    androidluvr2's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    334 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,380 Global Posts

    Default Re: Can Somebody Talk Me Through Un-JB'ing

    Quote Originally Posted by xybadog View Post
    I'm having some performance issues and thought I'd try to go back to stock to see if I still had the same problems. The cydia apps I have installed are:
    can't you uninstall them and then reinstall them one by one and see what happens?
  6. #6  
    Massie's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,983 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,988 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Re: Can Somebody Talk Me Through Un-JB'ing

    Quote Originally Posted by xybadog View Post
    I was afraid that was going to be the answer

    Can you tell me if I've got any potential conflicts with the cydia apps I have installed? I'm having some performance issues and thought I'd try to go back to stock to see if I still had the same problems. The cydia apps I have installed are:

    Activator
    Airplane SBSettings Toggle
    AppList
    Big Boss Icon Set
    Five Icon Dock
    Livewire
    LockscreenAirplaneMode
    NC Settings
    No update
    NoNewsIsGoodNews
    Ring Vibrate SBSettings Toggle
    Ringer/Silent SB Settings Toggle
    SBSettings
    SBProfiles
    Software Update Killer
    Winterboard
    What kind of performance issues are you seeing?

Similar Threads

  1. Can someone help me out?
    By srh079 in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-26-2009, 09:02 AM
  2. Help me out please - jb app question
    By tulliver in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 03:14 PM
  3. neebie.....can I upgrade to S and jb it so I dont have to have the data plan
    By mrxmry in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 06:48 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2009, 06:36 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 05:02 PM

Posting Permissions