How happy am I?
( ^ Rhetorical question)
Just picked up my new iphone 5 32gb from the Apple Liverpool store. Couldn't be happier about the phone (my first iphone) and, a bonus, it's running IOS 6.1.2 , not 6.1.3.
My question, on the back of my good news, is do I need to backup the phone or anything before I try to JB? I've activated the phone and completed my o2 sim swap but was wondering if I need to backup in case something happens in the JB process and I need to restore or is this not necessary with a brand new handset?
(For the purists who may question why I'm JB'ing a brand new phone, it's becasue there are a couple of apps I really need that I can only get if I do JB).
Re: How happy am I?
I've answered my own question by simply just going ahead and backing up anyway.
Do I need to concern myself with saving blobs or not? I seem to remember reading somewhere that these weren't necessary/possible with either iphone 5 or 6.1.2.
- 04-15-2013, 12:39 PM #3
- 04-15-2013, 02:49 PM #5
- 04-15-2013, 11:38 PM #6
Re: How happy am I?
1) Blobs can always be saved for the current version of iOS. It's not accurate to say it's too late to save blobs, it's just too late to save blobs prior to 6.1.3.
2) There was a time you couldn't downgrade from the A5 devices on iOS5 as well. It's premature to say that it'll never happen. As such, "useless" is a bit extreme.
3) While you're likely correct, it's not impossible that a jailbreak for 6.1.3 may be released. In that case, having the iOS 6.1.3 blobs might prove useful. You can easily save these in Cydia for remote storage. There's no real reason NOT to do so.
4) He has the iPhone 5. It uses the A6 processor, not the A5.
- By Astonv122803 in forum Original iPadReplies: 11Last Post: 12-02-2010, 12:50 PM
- By Sinecure Industries in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 07-21-2010, 08:18 AM
- By Watcher in forum iPhone 4Replies: 4Last Post: 05-30-2010, 02:04 AM
- By Rene Ritchie in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 43Last Post: 05-17-2009, 06:05 PM
- By IrishJK09 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 6Last Post: 06-13-2008, 09:53 AM