iPhone 5 keeps crashing into Safemode.

fiztop

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
hello, I've uninstalled several things and I can't seem to figure out what causes my phone to crash. I never see it happen but sometimes I take it out of my pocket and it's randomly in safe mode. I've tried crash report and I can't seem to understand it. help?

also I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.0.2

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If its happening in your pocket it's probably related to incoming notifications. A recent bitesms beta had an issue with this. What lock screen tweaks/apps do you use?

JCRocky5

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Safe mode crash is a mobile substrate issue, it's one or more of your tweaks conflicting most likely, or incompatible with each other.

JCRocky5

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm having such a hard time. how do I fix it?

List all your tweaks & we as a group can see what ones don't work from knowledge or research.

its just a matter of trial & error :-( usually tweaks that conflict are ones that modify the same program/system, most common is Springboard so say InfiniFolders + Folder Enhancer would cancel each other out & crash the Springboard, but they have dependencies so they uninstall each other, if ones already installed.

it could & sounds like its something on your lockscreen (though the lockscreen is part of Springboard) it could also be a tweak that isnt IOS6+ compatible.

to be on the safe side, just uninstall Mobilesubstrate & it will uninstall all tweaks that use it, you can also use this to give us a list (screenshot) then just install them one at a time & look what they do, so if two tweaks modify notifications on the lockscreen that would be a big no no. (the latter is just an example)

fiztop

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
here's the list of tweaks under mobile substrate that I found.
Activator, app list, auxo, bridge, brightness fix for ios6, browser chooser,cokeutils, sbsettings, Fabius utils, grooveshark, icon support, Infiniti folders, laguana HD, libhide, libstatusbar, lock screen clock hide, mark that message, mobile substrate, multiiconmoover, pluck, preference loader, protube, sbsettings toggle, serious sbsettings Hd, software update killer, spring timomize 2, substrate safe mode, syslog toggle, typo phone4, walljpegifier, wee loader, winter board, zephyr

JCRocky5

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
That is a lot lol ok, for starters there are two right off the bat you don't need.

Lockscreen clock hide - Springtomize2 does this. (Potential conflict right there)
Software update killer is not needed, as Evasi0n does this now.

Typo phone4 is that the theme? Also has it been updated for ios6 as its using MS & I don't know why/what for.
Laguana HD is that another theme using MS? As these all could be conflicting.

There are probably more there, you may want to watch out for memory leaks to as they will cause resprings, BiteSMS was doing that to me in one of the betas.

fiztop

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
evasion still shows my software update thing. yes the themes have been updated for iOS 6, I will delete lockscreen clock hide. what are memory leaks?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Clock Hide and Springtomize should be fine together as long as you aren't using both to do the same thing. (Source: I've used them both for years now.) I prefer LSCH because when you hide the clock with S2 you also hide the lock screen music controls. LSCH leaves those alone. S2 also conflicts with the ClearHighNotifications theme.

One thing I see is "Fabius utils," which I haven't heard of BUT I know Fabius is the name of a well-known cracker/pirate. If you're using anything you didn't pay for I'd suggest getting rid of it. Please don't pirate--besides being totally unethical and cause for being banned, it often causes problems like this. Other than that I would also look at Mark That Message.

(http://forums.imore.com/jailbreakin...es-mods/170329-policy-piracy-discussions.html)

saulgarza25

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. I found the exact moment when my iphone 4s v6.1 went into safe mode. if you have facebook, talkatone, Skype or anything that will alert you of a new message or text or even a phone call from a third party app to your phone when your phone is on sleep mode, it will go into safe mode. This is how you fix that.
1. Go into settings
2. Open Notifications
3. Go to all the apps that are able to receive alarms or text or calls or what ever when in sleep mode.
4. Go to the very bottom and turn off "view in Lock Screen" do that On all Apps that are in notifications.

Note: you will continue to vibrate and hear your notification you just will not be able to see them on your lock screen. Lets be real if its in you pocket who cares if you can see it or not. I personally think is a Jailbreak problem It would be nice if they can fix that. I email the creators of cydia maybe he can help. I just haven't heard form them. Good luck hope this helps.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR