Wifi share feature

pkiller162

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Is there any app at all (preferably free) has a wifi share feature like MyWi has. I tried the app and it works fine but $20.00 is too much for one small feature that does this. Anyone else know of an app?

papadonna

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
If your pc has a wireless card you can use Wifi to get the internet. I've never used the USB tethering on PDANet. If you are trying to use your phone to run internet on your computer you need to either use the USB or use WiFi.

pkiller162

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, my problem is my PC has no internet (it does have a wireless card though) but my iphone does have wifi. I was wondering if I could share my phones internet. MyWi allows me to do this, but it is very expensive

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Why don't you just use Personal Hotspot that's already on your phone?

***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
Tweet @LondonComp ***

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I think two separate concepts are being intermingled here...

MyWi has a feature where if an iDevice is connected to a Wifi hotspot, that connection can in turn be shared with other devices - either bluetooth, or via a mywi-created hotspot... and I believe the OP wants to find another app that will do the same thing... and as far as I know - there aren't any. It's something that makes MyWi different from other apps, and why they get away with charging $20 for it...

Personally, there is only one scenario where I can see wanting to share a connection between one iDevice and a wifi hotspot it might be connected to - and that is if the wifi in question is "pay to play"... pay once, share it with other devices... but that's just me...

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Because that uses my 3G, not the wifi

Try putting your phone in Airplane mode then turn just the wifi and Hotspot on as a test for yourself.

Edit: I may have misunderstood, never mind.

Tweet @LondonComp ***

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
My 3G is not on. My phone is connected (wifi) to my lan/house internet.

MyWi is the only app with Wifi sharing? ok :(

If you're at home, using your own wifi - why can't you just connect additional devices directly to the same hotspot the phone is?

pkiller162

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
This issue is now solved.

PdaNet can share my phones wifi. :)

EDIT: Because my PC has internet timed restrictions but my phone does not ;)

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
This issue is now solved.

PdaNet can share my phones wifi. :)

Maybe you should have mentioned that.

Tweet @LondonComp ***

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Do you not have physical & operational control over the internet/wifi hotspot you are connecting to? If you do, it should be a simple fix to go into the settings and disable the schedule in that networking device that is preventing the PC from accessing the internet during certain hours...

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Do you not have physical & operational control over the internet/wifi hotspot you are connecting to? If you do, it should be a simple fix to go into the settings and disable the schedule in that networking device that is preventing the PC from accessing the internet during certain hours...

Sounds like a kid trying to get around his parents' control of the router.

This fix will work until he gets caught once. Then it'll be more fun for him.

Green Grande

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to bump this thread instead of making a new one.

How does Mywi USB tethering work? I have Mywi 6 and when I plug it in, just open itunes, and turn on the USB tether, my computer beeps but does nothing else. Is there anything I'm missing? Does mywi work with 2G/E connection?

Nyan_Cat100

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
If u use the tethered USB on PDANet it uses your iDevice's current Internet connection whether its cellular or wifi

Sent from my iPhone 3GS