ios 6.1 is slow: does jailbreak improves the situation ?

acham

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody,
I have an iphone 4 with (sadly) ios 6.1. Performance is awful: it is slow. Very slow.
Is the jailbroken version faster ? Will my apps content stay there where it is ?

Thank you all for your help,

Mario

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It's not a jailbroken version. Jailbreaking simply gives you more options - you'll still be running the same 6.1 that you have now, so it won't affect your speed.

acham

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, Alli.
But if I jailbreak the iphone, will all the contents in the applications (e.g. books, ringtones, general data in the apps) stays there if I make a backup ? Sorry, but I am not so practical

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
There is a jailbreak software combo that was discussed in another thread here a while ago that speeds up the phone.

Installing Nitrous and Accelerate will do two things: increase the actual speed of any WebKit enabled apps, and speed up all of the OS transitions and animations. It will give the user the feel that the phone has been overclocked without actually doing that.

The iOS device will feel much snappier, and I've noticed that a few apps sped up considerably. The only downside is that you get used to it very quickly, so if you decide to uninstall or use another iOS device without the hacks, it feels like it is rediculously slow.

acham

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
There is a jailbreak software combo that was discussed in another thread here a while ago that speeds up the phone.

Installing Nitrous and Accelerate will do two things: increase the actual speed of any WebKit enabled apps, and speed up all of the OS transitions and animations. It will give the user the feel that the phone has been overclocked without actually doing that.

The iOS device will feel much snappier, and I've noticed that a few apps sped up considerably. The only downside is that you get used to it very quickly, so if you decide to uninstall or use another iOS device without the hacks, it feels like it is rediculously slow.

very good tip, Tanbam. I am going to try it !!

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
It's not a jailbroken version. Jailbreaking simply gives you more options - you'll still be running the same 6.1 that you have now, so it won't affect your speed.
It's a tad disingenuous to say it's not a different version. There are definitely software modifications to the ios.

The last half isn't really accurate either. Others have listed apps that speed up various tasks. Other apps unintentionally cause the reverse effect and slow the phone prior. It's irresponsible to blindly state there will be zero speed impact.

Was it really necessary to post a condescending reply laced with inaccuracies?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2