Q about 6.1.3 and replacing devices

iPetem

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hiya

My lockscreen button is broken so I'm looking to have Apple replace my device tomorrow, however there is an issue. IF they replace my device tomorrow, will it be on 6.1.3? If so, that means I can't jailbreak on that OS, yeah? Ok, so, would I be able to go from 6.1.3 to 6.1.2 easily? If so, what tweak can I use to back up my current tweaks?

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
If you take your phone to apple they may replace the button or the phone. If they replace your phone, then it will have 6.1.3 on it. Is this being done on warranty because if it is, your jailbreak will void it. If you are paying for it, clarify whether they are just replacing the button or the phone. If its the button, then you don't have anything to worry about.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Hiya

My lockscreen button is broken so I'm looking to have Apple replace my device tomorrow, however there is an issue. IF they replace my device tomorrow, will it be on 6.1.3? If so, that means I can't jailbreak on that OS, yeah? Ok, so, would I be able to go from 6.1.3 to 6.1.2 easily? If so, what tweak can I use to back up my current tweaks?

Once on 6.1.3, no way to downgrade. You'll be stuck.

iPetem

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
edit: fixed! I just hit the lock button and it JBd ok.

Thanks.

So I got my device replaced, rather easily, and the new device is on 6.1.2. Great! However, when I go through the JB process, when I get to the part where I press the icon on my phone to JB, it goes dark then returns me to my home screen with an alert telling me that a new iOS is available. Obviously this is iOS 6.3 and I DON'T want this. When I get into Settings - General, where the notification sits, it says the update has downloaded, but still gives me the option to 'Install Now'. Is there anything I can do to get around this?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited: