Can't get my iPhone 5 to start up - Jailbroken!

Owen Howe

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
So I have a jailbroken iPhone 5. And let me say first that I CANNOT restore it. I have a bunch of stuff on here that I need because the hard drive on my laptop failed so I need to backup my music/pics/vis/apps SOMEHOW. Anyway so it boots to the apple logo and then gets dimmer and just stops. It started after I tried to respring from Winterboard after disabling
Transparent Dock.
I have tried DFU mode, recovery mode, Fix Recovery (by TinyUmbrella), RECBOOT (exit only), and Redsn0w. Apple won't help cause its jb. Please help me, there has to be a way to fix this. Also, iPhoto will recognize that the iPhone has photos on it and iTunes will say that the password needs to be entered to view the phone. I have also tried booting with the volume up button. Nothing. I also am unable to restore because there's a download limit on my internet and the restore file passes that cap. :mad:

alicepattinson

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can't get my iPhone 5 to start up!

How about you try to use another laptop and login your iTunes id there so you can backup and restore your phone?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

If its not booting, don't tell apple it's jailbroken. They can't look at it and tell.

I'm assuming you've tried to import the photos into iPhoto?

Did you have photos sync to the cloud?

App purchases are maintained on apples servers. You can download fresh.

JCRocky5

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Hold Volume + button & then turn on your phone & keep holding it, you will see your lockscreen soon enough.

Happened to me, after it boots turn it of & back on again.

Edit: just read you tried the above, problem is its mobilesubstrate crash as winterboard caused it, just like mine.

Try again but hold the button & power on & don't let the volume + go.

Owen Howe

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

Edit: just read you tried the above, problem is its mobilesubstrate crash as winterboard caused it, just like mine.

Wait, so I should just hold the volume + button and the power button until it works? Or what? I am very confused! If I hold the volume up button upon booting it, it turns off and goes into a loop of turning on and off until it eventually stays once again at the dim apple logo.

Owen Howe

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

Nope. Ain't doin ****. Took it to best buy to have them restore it and they couldn't do it. **** you evasi0n jb

Elamitex

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

Be more careful with what you install next time. You have no one to blame other than yourself.

JCRocky5

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Wait, so I should just hold the volume + button and the power button until it works? Or what? I am very confused! If I hold the volume up button upon booting it, it turns off and goes into a loop of turning on and off until it eventually stays once again at the dim apple logo.

Only the Volume Up (+) so press & hold that button then turn the phone on, but keep holding the volume button until the springboard or lock screen appears, all mobile substrate tweaks will be disabled until the phone is rebooted.

If you ever get a boot loop, try that. Winterboard gave me a boot loop but fixed it by doing the above. I'm not sure why it gave me a boot loop as all I done was enable a theme :-/ after held the volume button I disabled the theme & rebooted & all is fine now.

Revoluti0nary

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

When it gets stuck on the boot and it won't go further, call your phone; it should send it into Safe Mode.

gustachu

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

Only the Volume Up (+) so press & hold that button then turn the phone on, but keep holding the volume button until the springboard or lock screen appears, all mobile substrate tweaks will be disabled until the phone is rebooted.

If you ever get a boot loop, try that. Winterboard gave me a boot loop but fixed it by doing the above. I'm not sure why it gave me a boot loop as all I done was enable a theme :-/ after held the volume button I disabled the theme & rebooted & all is fine now.
OH My god,
. You sir, are a god to me now. I do not know how to thank you.

Adler Weber

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
YOU JUST SAVED MY LIFE! If I took my iPhone 5c to the apple store, they would see that it was jailbroken. My phone would start up and go to the lock screen, but it would just crash again. IF ANYONE HAS THIS PROBLEM, DO WHAT THIS GUY SAYS. Although, I just held it against something to hold the volume + button down. YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!!!!!!

Samantha Grinvalds

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you SO much! My jailbroken iPhone 5S crashed. I did the usual "hold the power and bottom button" simutaneously until reaching the apple screen. However, this did not work...
By adding the volume + into my reboot, it worked! :)
Thanks again

Tahir215

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site

Hold Volume + button & then turn on your phone & keep holding it, you will see your lockscreen soon enough.

Happened to me, after it boots turn it of & back on again.

Tahir215

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site

Not happening with my iPhone 5C.. I tried more than 50 times now.. after apple logo it shows that lines circle stuck screen.. what to do.. frustrated..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2