- iPhone Nanite
- 3 Posts
Iphone to Ipod
Hi, I have a general question about backing up the iPhone but it involves jailbreaking so I'm posting it in this forum. Right now, my iPhone has everything on it just the way I want meaning the setting are configured a certain way, the themes, the wallpaper. I'd like to make a backup of it and basically copy or clone its contents onto my iPod touch exactly how it was. How would I go about this? Do I need to jailbreak the iPod touch first and then re-download everything again from cydia? The phone is jailbroken with the latest version by Evasi0n.
- 04-01-2013, 11:05 AM #2
Re: Iphone to Ipod
- 04-01-2013, 01:24 PM #3
Re: Iphone to Ipod
It's more of a "yes and no" kind of answer. The backup will save settings. Among these settings will be app settings and general iPhone settings. The wallpapers and photos you have will come with the backup. This answer changes if you have a theme controlling your wallpapers. In this case, you'll need to spend the few minutes in winterboard to change this.
Something I've done in the past to ensure the combination of package backup and the iTunes backup give me what I used to have is take a screenshot of every relevant page: mostly the tabs and the list of sources/packages in Cydia. This will get stored with the backup and restored when you bring the backup back. Then you've got your old blueprint to work with when restoring.
- 04-01-2013, 04:00 PM #4
- 04-01-2013, 05:18 PM #5
- By AMVMommy in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 11Last Post: 06-22-2010, 12:50 PM
- By appglow in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 12-23-2009, 12:27 AM
- By Sothink in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 10-13-2009, 02:07 AM
- By G-Monkey Productions in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 06-04-2009, 03:23 PM
- By lostonbroadway in forum AccessoriesReplies: 5Last Post: 05-15-2009, 11:23 PM