- iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
Need Help for Jailbreak Retention and Wiping Phone
I have an iphone 4 running ios 6.1
Recently, I've been having some software bugs with it and I want to reinstall 6.1.2 and just start fresh all over again. I'm not really familiar about SHSH blobs, but I know that since 6.1.3 is out already, I can't install 6.1.2, even with the firmware. In cydia, the green SHSH line at the top says "6.0.1 , 6.1, 6.1.2"
My question is: What is the procedure to reinstall 6.1 on the phone, then rejailbreak it? I'm not worried about contacts or any data. Is it even possible to update to 6.1.2?
Thanks so much!
Last edited by thevisions; 03-27-2013 at 11:31 PM.
- 03-27-2013, 06:54 PM #2
Re: Need Help for Jailbreak Retention and Wiping Phone
The best option would be to use redsn0w's new restore feature and go to 6.1.2 since you have the boobs for it, though this will also work for 6.1. You must download the latest version of redsn0w here (http://blog.iphone-dev.org) and then follow http://www.iclarified.com/25182/how-...ios-5x-windows.
Ignore the 5.x part, the steps are the same for 6.x to 6.x.
iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3
Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
- By Jeggis in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 64Last Post: 10-18-2013, 08:46 AM
- By Bombsquad6116 in forum iPhone 3G ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 07-12-2009, 10:53 AM
- By nikkiiphone in forum iPhone 4Replies: 0Last Post: 03-31-2009, 02:08 PM
- By EnterpriseGlobe in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 02-10-2009, 09:43 AM
- By iTwins in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 12-19-2008, 11:56 PM