Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Default Can't get rid of settings after installing then deleting using iFile!

Hey, I downloaded a .deb using iFile to download IntelliScreenX. Then I deleted it later on using cydia. But now i cant get rid of the intelliscreenx settings in my settings app! i tried downloading it again using iFile to see where it downloaded it. It goes into Var/mobile/documents. I deleted the .deb file from there using OpenSSH but the settings for Intelliscreenx are still there! everytime i try to change the settings though an error pops up or the phone goes into safemode. So idk what to do to get rid of this. Any ideas?
    iMore Intermediate

Default Re: Can't get rid of settings after installing then deleting using iFile!

Browse to "Library/PreferenceLoader/Preferences/" and look for any files pertaining to IntelliscreenX and rename the extension (which is safer than deleting).

Reboot the phone and see if the problem is gone. If it's good, delete the files you renamed.

In the future, if you wish to preserve your jailbreak, be VERY careful with iFile. And use Cydia to install packages unless you really know what you're doing. Complex system-altering apps like IntelliscreenX should be treated with caution...
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Can't get rid of settings after installing then deleting using iFile!

I went in there and i dont see anything related to intelliscreenx. I see all the other tweaks ive downloaded, but nothing with intelliscreenx. i dont know why, for some reason the settings tab for it is there even though the app doesnt exist. Anywhere else it could be? when i put it in ifile i clicked "installer" to download it. Where does that install the files?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,988 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Maybe try reinstalling it via Cydia, and then uninstalling via Cydia. Is there a reason you wanted to use a .deb instead?
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Nanite

UNinstalling and reinstalling did the trick! thanks a lot. I used a .deb file to try to get a cracked version, but then i realized that intelliscreenx is pretty much impossible to crack.
    Btw, i have another issue thats similar. I installed Auxo and i use it and its in the settings app and everything. But its not in cydia.. so how do i delete this?

Global Posts
    11,437 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Keeya Dezfoli View Post
    I used a .deb file to try to get a cracked version, but then i realized that intelliscreenx is pretty much impossible to crack.
    Please review and note iMore's policy on Piracy...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates