Slide To Unlock - disabled :)

Heavy Fluid

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I was on another forum, and a member had asked about how to eliminate the Slide To Unlock, since they used a passcode, and found the extra step annoying. I had forgotten that I wanted to do this as well. I won't run my phone without a passcode. I was annoyed at the additional step to get to the passcode screen. Here is what I found after digging around a little.

Device: iPhone 4S 32GB
Jailbreak: evasi0n
Provider: Verizon
Auto-Lock: 1 Minute
Passcode Lock: On

What this does: If a passcode is enabled, once the phone is woken from sleep mode, bypasses the Slide To Lock Screen, and goes directly to the passcode screen.

Open Cydia, and search for NoLockScreen. It says for iOS 4/5. I am having no issues with it, so it works on 6 as well. Install and respring. Set up your passcode if not already done. I posted my settings above. NoScreenLock can be set up either via SBSettings or in the Settings. Enable it. Respring. Let the phone go into sleep mode aka leave it alone for more than a minute. Wake the phone, and you should go directly to the passcode screen.

I would imagine that if you do not have a passcode on the phone, it would just eliminate the slide all together. You can also set this action in Activator if you didn't want to download this tweak. I can post how to set that up as well if anyone wants it.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I was on another forum, and a member had asked about how to eliminate the Slide To Unlock, since they used a passcode, and found the extra step annoying. I had forgotten that I wanted to do this as well. I won't run my phone without a passcode. I was annoyed at the additional step to get to the passcode screen. Here is what I found after digging around a little.

Device: iPhone 4S 32GB
Jailbreak: evasi0n
Provider: Verizon
Auto-Lock: 1 Minute
Passcode Lock: On

What this does: If a passcode is enabled, once the phone is woken from sleep mode, bypasses the Slide To Lock Screen, and goes directly to the passcode screen.

Open Cydia, and search for NoLockScreen. It says for iOS 4/5. I am having no issues with it, so it works on 6 as well. Install and respring. Set up your passcode if not already done. I posted my settings above. NoScreenLock can be set up either via SBSettings or in the Settings. Enable it. Respring. Let the phone go into sleep mode aka leave it alone for more than a minute. Wake the phone, and you should go directly to the passcode screen.

I would imagine that if you do not have a passcode on the phone, it would just eliminate the slide all together. You can also set this action in Activator if you didn't want to download this tweak. I can post how to set that up as well if anyone wants it.

Is one swipe really that much of a hassle?? 😱

Heavy Fluid

May 16, 2011
Visit site
It is when it is totally unneeded. Why swipe to unlock, and then enter the passcode, when you can skip the first part, hassle or not?

Heavy Fluid

May 16, 2011
Visit site
How do you go about doing this with Activator?

I could not get the same results as I did using Activator. If you don't have any type of a password on your device, and you set it up using Activator, pressing the home button will just wake the phone up, and there will be no slide to unlock screen.

Open Activator - go to At Lock Screen - set up Short Hold and Single Press. Scroll down to Unlock Device. Select that for both Short Hold and Single Press. Respring the device. Should completely eliminate the slide to unlock screen. Test by letting the phone go into sleep mode, and pressing the home button. Should just open the phone.