Advice with upgrading iPhone from 6.0.2 to 6.1.2 (without going to 6.1.3!)
Need some advice.
I had a bad thing happen yesterday and my iPhone (on 6.1.2) that was jailbroken crap out and the apple store gave me a new iPhone - that is now running 6.0.2.
If I let iTunes upgrade my BIOS to 6.1.3, I won't be able to jailbreak.
I think if I leave it at 6.0.2, I won't be able to restore my backup.
I"m trying to figure out what the best course of action for me is.
As a starting point, I guess I should back up my blobs on 6.0.2. Then jailbreak.
Is there any way for me to "upgrade" to 6.1.2 without jumping to 6.1.3?
I suppose I'll be "ok" at 6.0.2 (not even sure of the differences between them), but I'd obviously prefer to have the latest release I can running.
- 03-20-2013, 12:25 PM #2
Re: Advice with upgrading iPhone from 6.0.2 to 6.1.2 (without going to 6.1.3!)
According to jailbreakQA the window to restore to 6.1.2 closed a few hours ago. Stay at 6.0.2, even if it means doing your setup from scratch instead of restoring a backup.
(Is 6.1.2 still being signed by Apple? - JailbreakQA)
And assuming you have a 4S or 5, saving SHSH won't help right now as there is still no method to downgrade those devices, even WITH the blobs. Still smart to save them in case things change in the future but it seems unlikely.
- 03-20-2013, 01:51 PM #3
- 03-20-2013, 07:34 PM #4
- 04-20-2013, 04:03 PM #5
- 04-20-2013, 04:53 PM #6
- By Daniel.Jones in forum iPhone 5Replies: 3Last Post: 09-18-2012, 09:16 AM
- By HPepper in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 3Last Post: 10-11-2011, 07:37 PM
- By mmace in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 10Last Post: 01-04-2010, 07:28 PM
- By LDP in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 4Last Post: 05-30-2009, 05:35 PM
- By amit85 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 11-01-2008, 09:10 PM