Help Keeping the Jailbreak Clean?

texaschangas

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Now that the new firmware is out and Apple will stop signing 6.1.2. What is the best method to bring the iphone back to a clean jailbreak state. Since we do not have the option to restore. How does everybody deal with this? I'll install and uninstall many apps and tweaks and I'm sure files get left behind. So over time a "restore" to jailbreak would help. What does everybody do to keep there phones clean?

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Depending on what model you have and what tools are available, you may be able to re-restore your phone sometime in the future. If past experience is any indicator of how this will work, it may be months before this is possible - if ever.

From this point on, you've got to start being careful if you want to remain jailbroken. Don't install any tweaks unless you are absolutely sure that they are completely compatible with your setup.

Don't worry about files getting left behind. Except in extremely rare circumstances, they won't affect your phone and won't impact your storage space very much at all. Be very careful about browsing the file system and deleting or modifying any files unless your are 100% sure about what you're doing.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Now that the new firmware is out and Apple will stop signing 6.1.2. What is the best method to bring the iphone back to a clean jailbreak state. Since we do not have the option to restore. How does everybody deal with this? I'll install and uninstall many apps and tweaks and I'm sure files get left behind. So over time a "restore" to jailbreak would help. What does everybody do to keep there phones clean?

I'm not sure what you mean by "a clean jailbreak state." I don't think I've ever had issues with old files getting left behind...what is it you're trying to avoid exactly?

texaschangas

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
what I mean by that is get the phone back too nothing on it but the jailbreak it self-no apps, no tweaks, nothing but the original jailbreak. Just like a restore and Jailbreak again. I have a 4s so i have no options to downgrade. I would think over time the phone might get slow.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Open cydia, search for mobile substrate, uninstall.
Then when you're finished you should reinstall mobile substrate.
For extra measure install Icleaner, run it, then remove Icleaner.

Jailbroken, with cydia and nothing else

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site

Look who's back..... Glad to see u back friend.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Great to have you back!!!!

texaschangas

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site

that sounds great. on a side note when you install icleaner it installs 11 files.
Is best practice when i delete icleaner should i delete those other files or are they removed when you remove the icleaner app.
Thanks for all the reply's.
I just don't want to lose the jailbreak.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm just going to point out that you should really be careful about all this...I honestly think that by obsessing over deleting files "left behind" you're far more likely to screw up your jailbreak yourself (possibly forcing the restore you're trying to avoid in the first place) than those tiny, inactive .plists and so on are.

/twocents