Folder Problem

ealvin

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
On my jailbroken iPhone 3G I have a folder with three home screen apps inside (clock, calc, recorder). I'd like to take them out of the folder but when I click on any of the app to drag them out, it starts the iphone rebooting) before I can drag them out of the folder. In the past I've had infinifolder, scrolling bar and perhaps some other app installed that have since been removed that may have something to do with this issue -- even though I never placed these apps into a folder.

Any ideas on what I need to do to reverse this situation? Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ealvin, I'm not jailbroken, but I want to cover the simple thing. Are you saying that when you 'press and hold' either the folder or any of the apps inside until the icons begin to jiggle, you are unable to move the apps out of the folder? Is that correct?

ealvin

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Guys, thanks for your response. JustMe'D, yes, that is exactly what I mean. When I try to remove a icon to clear out the folder by attempting to drag it out (or to open it), it starts a reboot process, so I'm unable to use or move it.

bamf-hacker, I'm not sure what you mean by "manage it"iTunes. If I recall correctly (my phone's not next to me at the moment), I thought I might be able to move the icons around in iTunes but I don't believe I saw the folder in my device's display.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
There is an installed tweak causing the issue. What tweaks do you have installed?
The best way to find the offending tweak is by using the menu in Sbsettings. Disable mobile substrate addons one at a time and test the problem until you find the offending tweak. Once found make sure you re enable it in Sbsettings before deleting it.

Feel free to post your tweak list.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Guys, thanks for your response. JustMe'D, yes, that is exactly what I mean. When I try to remove a icon to clear out the folder by attempting to drag it out (or to open it), it starts a reboot process, so I'm unable to use or move it.

bamf-hacker, I'm not sure what you mean by "manage it"iTunes. If I recall correctly (my phone's not next to me at the moment), I thought I might be able to move the icons around in iTunes but I don't believe I saw the folder in my device's display.

What he's suggesting is the app tab when you click on your phone in iTunes. It'll show you all of your pages and allow you to move icons around. This should work, but if you're having issues you'd be best following the advice ridiculocity gave you to isolate the offending tweak.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW