Siri problems on Jailbreak

citibori

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I am jailbroken with evasion on 6.1.2. Siri will not launch apps. It keeps telling me I don't have an app by that name when I clearly do. I tried asking in different ways but it gives me the same answer. Is anyone having this same problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Siri problems

Hmm I've just realised I have the same problem on my iphone. Funny thing is I don't have the problem on my ipad mini both jailbroken.

I've had a read and found a few solutions but it seems the are not working for me. Siri is not opening apps in safe mode also which leads me to believe that it's not tweak related but something to do with installation plist.

I will continue to investigate and let you know the outcome.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Siri problems

Ok, I fixed my siri and can report she is now opening all of my apps no problem.

First you need to go into iFile and find these 2 files
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

Once you find them don't delete them just in case ;)
change them to
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore.bak
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist.bak

This basically renders them invisible, you can go and delete them later, always good to keep a backup :)

Once you have changed the name back out to Springboard and do a full reboot.
Upon reboot you will notice all your stock apps are there and your installed cydia apps but NO appstore apps.
DONT PANIC :)

Just sit back and chill as iOS will slowly rebuild your apps on the springboard. I have over 300 apps on mine so it took a couple of minutes.
Once all your apps are showing give Siri a test.. Should work perfect.

Then go back into iFile and removed the files you changed to .bak

Done.. lemmie know how you go

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Siri problems

Glad to help!! :) maybe I should have taken that job at the as an Apple Genius last year. Shame the pay is so low.

pstmstr

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site

I did this, reset and let my apps rebuild but when I try to launch apps with siri, it causes the phone to reboot. Any other suggestions?

pstmstr

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site

I deleted Cydia apps one at a time and found that Assistant Extensions was causing the crash when I tried to launch an app

Last edited:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

Ok, I fixed my siri and can report she is now opening all of my apps no problem.

First you need to go into iFile and find these 2 files
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

Once you find them don't delete them just in case ;)
change them to
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore.bak
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist.bak

This basically renders them invisible, you can go and delete them later, always good to keep a backup :)

Once you have changed the name back out to Springboard and do a full reboot.
Upon reboot you will notice all your stock apps are there and your installed cydia apps but NO appstore apps.
DONT PANIC :)

Just sit back and chill as iOS will slowly rebuild your apps on the springboard. I have over 300 apps on mine so it took a couple of minutes.
Once all your apps are showing give Siri a test.. Should work perfect.

Then go back into iFile and removed the files you changed to .bak

Done.. lemmie know how you go

So do you mean to delete the two .bak files or just rename them back to their original name?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Are there any other fixes for this? I can't get iFile to download from Cydia, I've tried about three times. Siri on my phone can't play my music either and I don't have any tweaks installed that should affect Siri.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Are there any other fixes for this? I can't get iFile to download from Cydia, I've tried about three times. Siri on my phone can't play my music either and I don't have any tweaks installed that should affect Siri.

you can install a program on your computer called iFunBox and edit the files on your desktop..

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

Interesting, I wonder if this is a 6.1.2 issue? I'm jailbroken on 6.1 and Siri launches apps perfectly for me. But thanks for reminding me to use it more often!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR