Can't get iPhone 5 into safe mode?!?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I need to delete a Bluetooth device re pair it. It won't work to select forget this device. Saw others having the same problem who solved it by booting in safe mode and then deleting it. But I can't get it into safe mode using the activator gesture I have set or using sbsettings. Any suggestions?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I need to delete a Bluetooth device re pair it. It won't work to select forget this device. Saw others having the same problem who solved it by booting in safe mode and then deleting it. But I can't get it into safe mode using the activator gesture I have set or using sbsettings. Any suggestions?

your doing something wrong??!
no but seriously, power your device down fully, then while turning it on hold the volume up button.
this will boot you into a safemode.
try the b luetooth then
however when you get your bluettoh enabled you need to do some deeper digging and figure out why you couldnt just respring into safe mode!
theres something going on that shouldnt be!

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
no but seriously, power your device down fully, then while turning it on hold the volume up button.
try the b luetooth then
however when you get your bluettoh enabled you need to do some deeper digging and figure out why you couldnt just respring into safe mode!
theres something going on that shouldnt be!

That worked! Thank you. I was able to delete the bluetooth device in Safe Mode and then rebooted.

Any ideas at all what could be causing the problem with no safe mode on respring? I do get an occasional respring with boot into safe mode that I assume is some tweak incompatibility so it can respring into safe mode... just not when I want it to :eek: Could a tweak I have installed be causing this or something else like a corrupt file?

sinfool

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
That worked! Thank you. I was able to delete the bluetooth device in Safe Mode and then rebooted.

Any ideas at all what could be causing the problem with no safe mode on respring? I do get an occasional respring with boot into safe mode that I assume is some tweak incompatibility so it can respring into safe mode... just not when I want it to :eek: Could a tweak I have installed be causing this or something else like a corrupt file?

I signed up just to answer this question...

I had the same exact problem and it turned out to be LocationHolic causing the issue. I disabled the rwxlib mobilesubtrate addon and then viola, the repring to safemode worked again.

If you have LocationHolic installed...try to disable the MS addon. Hope this helps.

If you don't have LocationHolic then IDK. LOL

Last edited:

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I signed up just to answer this question...

I had the same exact problem and it turned out to be LocationHolic causing the issue. I disabled the rwxlib mobilesubtrate addon and then viola, the repring to safemode worked again.

If you have LocationHolic installed...try to disable the MS addon. Hope this helps.

If you don't have LocationHolic then IDK. LOL

Thanks very much for the feedback. I do not have LocationHolic installed, but your comment reminded me that MS addons might be a good place to start troubleshooting this.

After my initial post I subsequently realized that, not only can't I remove bluetooth devices, I cannot add bluetooth devices unless I'm in safe mode :-(

sinfool

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
After my initial post I subsequently realized that, not only can't I remove bluetooth devices, I cannot add bluetooth devices unless I'm in safe mode :-(
Yeah, definetly try to disable some addons. You'll find the culprit. :)

As far as the bluetooth pairing issue, I think I remember people having this problem with Auxo when the jb was first released. I could be wrong but might want to start there if you use Auxo. Good luck.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
In relation to the Bluetooth issue. Do you have blutrol installed? I had the same issue on my iPhone 5. I removed blutrol and bt stack then got into safe mode forgot all my Bluetooth devices resprung and re added them then added blutrol/bt stack back. Solved the issue.

JazJon

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
try the bluetooth then
however when you get your bluettoh enabled you need to do some deeper digging and figure out why you couldnt

I'm having the same problem, if I hold the volume up button when I reboot I can finally "forget this device" on old bluetooth devices. Before that hitting forget didn't do anything.
I'll have to figure out what the problem is. I do have LocationHolic installed. I'll experiment to see if it's the problem or if it's something else. If it is, I'll report it to the dev

auelk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I just found out a tweak called "RunningList" caused this issue for me, after weeks of trying to resolve it! (Silly me forgot about shutting off mobil substrate addons) and as soon as I finish posting this I'll email the developer about it before I remove it. -- however this brings up a question! What would happen if an iPhone were to crash and was prevented from going into safemode? Could it cause internal damage or software issues? Thanks for any information available!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW