iPhone 3GS iOS 6.1.2 Send and Receive message Unknown FIX

Rissered

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
i recently updated my iPhone 3GS to iOS 6.1.2. ive encountered a lot of problems along the way but thanks to iMore i can ask fellow iDevice owners for tips.

after Jailbreaking and Unlocking my device i tried to send a message from my other phone and when i checked it on my iPhone the message was blank and the sender reads Unknown.

Thanks to other iMore users i found a WORKAROUND by going to Cydia and searching for HandcentSMS. i installed the App and it worked like a charm.

the purpose of this post is for other iMore users who are having the same issues, hope this one helps to save your time instead to re-JB & Unlock.

:)

EDITED

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
so, not to be that guy (actually to 100% be THAT GUY), but this isnt a fix.
a fix is when you fix the problem. this is merely a workaround

jan2013

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am using Iphone 3gs 5.1.1. I am planning to upgrade it to 6.1.2.

Can you plz suggest me to do it or not?

thanks in advance.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I am using Iphone 3gs 5.1.1. I am planning to upgrade it to 6.1.2.

Can you plz suggest me to do it or not?

thanks in advance.

To be honest with you. I would stay as you are because there isn't a huge amount in IOS 6 compared with 5.1.1. I had to jailbreak my 4S on 6.1.2 because my phone was stock before the jailbreak was available. This was because my last jailbroken iPhone 4 on 5.1.1 was stolen. I have an IPad 3 at home with 5.1.1 and I'm not going to update that just for IOS 6.

It's your choice, but this is my view. If there is something in IOS 6 that you really need, then this would be a reason to upgrade. You need to hurry with your decision because 6.1.3 is out soon.

Tip - In future start your own thread on the forum and you will get a better response.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro