Memory Question since 6.1.2 update and JB

ewarhol

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Just curios on this:

Back when I was JB on 5.1.1 I would look at SBsettings Menu and see at the bottom that Available Memory was around 290-305MB (when all apps/cache were closed/cleared out and after running iCleaner).

Since updating to 6.1.2, closing all apps/cache, running iClearner the available memory is only around 230-250MB.

I'm just curious on why the difference and does it make that big of a difference in phone performance?

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
New OS, new services, more RAM consumed.

There's probably a difference, but only you can really judge if you see a difference in performance. The fact that you're aware of it in the first place probably shows that you're going to stay on top of if and keep it running as smoothly as possible. Except for the most anal of us, the OS does a pretty good job of memory management, and you might find that iOS 6.x does a better job than 5.x.

A lot more RAM is in the iPhone 5, (hint hint)...

ewarhol

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
New OS, new services, more RAM consumed.

There's probably a difference, but only you can really judge if you see a difference in performance. The fact that you're aware of it in the first place probably shows that you're going to stay on top of if and keep it running as smoothly as possible. Except for the most anal of us, the OS does a pretty good job of memory management, and you might find that iOS 6.x does a better job than 5.x.

A lot more RAM is in the iPhone 5, (hint hint)...

Thanks. I kinda figured it might from the iOS 6 upgrade but I was just curious to ask. Wasn't sure if I was missing something on cleaning stuff up.

I really haven't noticed a decline in performance.

As for the iPhone 5, I'm not eligable for an upgrade until summer and with the 6.1.3 JB loop closing talk, I really don't want to take my chances.