Help JB Cydia dosen't work

Tana Honkanen

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey , i have a iphone 4 and it's on ios 6.1.2 and i jailbroke it not so long ago , so i don't now much about it so i wanted to ask. my battery died and i charged it back , all my apps that i downloaded from cydia etc works, but my cydia dosen't , it opens but i goes to the top left corner and turns small so i can't do anything with it. A fast reply and help would be nice.
i'm quessing a boot up but do i have to do all the pahes again like load the apps and cydia etc?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I think I've seen a thread with this described but I can't for the life of my remember what it said. So wait for someone else to respond or maybe do a search. Alternately you always have the option of doing a restore and re-JB the iPhone. I heard that 6.1.3 is out which patches the JB exploit although I haven't heard anything or been prompted for the upgrade just making you aware. So the safest thing might be to download the 6.1.2 ipsw for your iPhone and restore that way.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Help

Basically you need to respring into Safe Mode, and then respring normally as described in this post.

If that doesn't work, read this, from jailbreakQA:

Why is Cydia suddenly tiny after rebooting (the quarter screen bug)? How do I fix it?
Here are examples of what this looks like: on iPad, on iPhone. This is caused by having a tweak incompatible with iOS 6 installed, and it only shows up after rebooting. Check your tweaks and uninstall any that might not be compatible - this list may help. To uninstall incompatible tweaks: first put your device into Safe Mode using SBSettings (tap the "Power" button in SBSettings for the Safe Mode option) or using a similar tweak, or if you don't have something like that installed, you can reboot your device while holding the volume up button to disable all tweaks. Then open up Cydia and uninstall any tweaks that you suspect are incompatible. You can reboot again to check, and repeat the process as necessary.

Known tweaks that cause this issue are the current versions of Deck and Binary Clock, and old versions of SubtleLock, Incarcerapp, NowListening, Transparency, and RetinaPad (please update them if you have them installed). Respringing is a temporary fix for this issue (it will make Cydia usable again), but unless you remove the incompatible tweak(s), you will get this problem again the next time you reboot your device. Winterboard and UIKit Tools do not cause this problem (they are fully compatible with iOS 6), but installing/updating them may cause you to reboot your device, which makes the incompatible tweak problem show up.

(Source)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I think I've seen a thread with this described but I can't for the life of my remember what it said. So wait for someone else to respond or maybe do a search. Alternately you always have the option of doing a restore and re-JB the iPhone. I heard that 6.1.3 is out which patches the JB exploit although I haven't heard anything or been prompted for the upgrade just making you aware. So the safest thing might be to download the 6.1.2 ipsw for your iPhone and restore that way.

Just a heads up that if you're jb'ed on evasi0n, you won't be notified about the update--part of the evasi0n jb includes disabling the OTA update notification--so if you're ever looking to restore and re-jb, make sure to double check which firmware Apple is actually signing at the time. (Although I think 6.1.3 is still in beta at this point.)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I know it's in beta but I heard someone restoring their iPad say they were being offered to update to 6.1.3 so I was like better safe than sorry on my advice.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR