Deleted Big Boss icon.... now Cydia is gone!

Skinjob

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
New to jailbreaking! I jailbroke my 4s (ios 6.0) recently with Evasion. My primary goal was to enlarge the size of text under icons, and the icons. So one of the first things I did after the jailbreak, was I acquired and installed Iconoclasm, Iconoclasm 3x3 layout, and Shrink - in that order. Then "safe mode" kept reappearing, so I deleted something called "Big boss icon", thinking it was the iconoclasm layout. Now Cydia icon is gone from the screen.

Can I fix this without having to try to reinstall the operating system, such as applying the Evasion jailbreak again?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
where did you delete the bigbossicon from?
what were you using?
can you use springboard search page to search for cydia?

Skinjob

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I deleted the Big Boss package from within the Cydia menus, where you delete installed packages. (I believe its called Packages). I tried spotlight to search for Cydia on the phone, nothing found. I have one jailbroken app remaining (in settings), "Bigify". (The other apps I downloaded are no longer showing in settings). I went into Bigify to click on the Cydia link to see if I could gain access to Cydia through the app, but it does nothing.

I'm sure the Cydia files must still be on the phone (though I did not install iFile, SBSettings, or anything like that, and I can't now!). Surely there must be a way to put the icon back, without having to reinstall the OS and re-jailbreak?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
pretty much your boned

you have nothing on your device to save you.

restore and rejailbreak.
and think about asking questions BEFORE you do stuff next time! :cool:

looking over the big boss icons, when you go to remove it it removes big boss icon set,
cydia installer
and cydia translations.

so wht you have done is removed cydia.
youre still jailbroken
just dont have cydia

you definitely need to restore.
sorry bro

Skinjob

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, guy. I kind of had a feeling that a total restore was going to be inevitable... I just had difficulty accepting that such a seemingly minor mistake would necessitate all that I am going to have to go through to correct it! I read the warning from Cydia that said not to delete Big Boss or I'd be sorry. So I didn't. But I still had to delete the Iconoclasm apps, and I still don't know how I managed to delete my Big Boss app! It all happened so quick, officer! I swear, the gun just fired itself!! :)

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
i honestly didnt know that you could uninstall cydia like that either, till i read what you did and set it up, then i looked at what was queued up and was like whaoaoaoaoaoao!

if you had installed other things, like ifile, or a deb installer, you could ssh into your device and install cydia and start over, but since you dont have anything like that installed you need to start over
also if you werent on a a5 or higher you could use snowbreeze or redsnow to install cydia with the "just install cydia"

AceBoogiebk

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
The samething happen to me and I jailbroke my phone 2 more times and cydia did not show I tryed to restore my phone but it wanted me to update to 6.1.3 what can I do

bhadresh

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I remove big boss and than cydia not found
I have ifile , iexplore, sbsetting
Can u help me please i am very upset

Thanks

Santosh Manohar

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lost cydia icon how to get it back?

recently i have lost cydia icon from my iphone 4s ...how to get it back without losing the installed files through cydia......can anyone help me out

Santosh Manohar

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
recently i have lost cydia icon from my iphone 4s...how to get it back without loosing the installed files.......i dont want to jailbreak or upgrade ....i want to have cydia back....what to do.......plzzz give me solution