My jailbroken springboard keeps crashing HELP!!!!!!!!!

tbell32

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
i downloaded color keyboard and now my springboard keeps crashing and going to safe mode but i can not uninstall the program because i need to purchase it still. help please!!

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
i downloaded color keyboard and now my springboard keeps crashing and going to safe mode but i can not uninstall the program because i need to purchase it still. help please!!

Purchasing it has nothing to do with it. If you paid for it. Then the purchase will be registered against you. Not totally sure what you are getting at here.

Why can you not un-install it. Just go into Cydia and remove it the same way you installed it.

iFurlan

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Open cydia or any other locked app from the multitasking switcher, and see if it crashes.

It doesn't, I do this all the time. Sometimes Sb crashes when I open Cydia or other Apps from the multitasking switcher but it also crashes by opening Apps from the Appfolder.

What I forget to mention is that my weather app doesn't work anymore (closes after opening it), neither the weather app icon nor the pull down launcher. Also the volume changer is not always visible (nowhere; lockscreen, iPod, etc). Since 2 days Crashreporter counted over 15 crash reports for Springboard, 1 for Viber, 1 for Amtrak and 2 for Snapchat.

Thanks for your help

Last edited:

Peter Cane

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem everytime i tried to delete an app my iphone would crashed. Cydelete was the problem as soon as i got rid of it the iphone stopped crashing

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
,insomnia

I have insomnia on my ipod touch since backgrounder no longer works. Insomnia causes my phone to crash as it self locks now. When it doesnt crash, insomnia works. When it does crash, it just restarts but doesnt go into safe mode. Insomnia is crap and not having backgrounder makes me regret upgrading my ipod touch to 6.1.2. Try uninstalling that.

Nipun Jain

May 15, 2013
Visit site
ive got an iphone 4s which i got it from UK (factory locked) and got it unlocked here in delhi. since last few months ive been experiencing springboard crash and my device restarts again deleting all my contacts and apps. this has been happening quite a while now and im really fed up of it. can someone pls tell how to get rid of this problem. ive got cydia and installous installed in my phone and i dont know anything about them as im not a gadet geek. pls help me

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
ive got an iphone 4s which i got it from UK (factory locked) and got it unlocked here in delhi. since last few months ive been experiencing springboard crash and my device restarts again deleting all my contacts and apps. this has been happening quite a while now and im really fed up of it. can someone pls tell how to get rid of this problem. ive got cydia and installous installed in my phone and i dont know anything about them as im not a gadet geek. pls help me

Well installous is for pirate apps, I would get rid of that first. Then I would boot into safe mode (turn phone off, hold volume up button while turning phone on) and see if that helps at all.

TheNosyt

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
shadoz94 ,

It would reboot when i use media app like the videos or music app but it dont happen all the time

I have the exact same issue.

Every time, only when I'm playing audio of some sort music/video, when I lock and unlock my device, it resprings every time.

The only thing I feel like it could be is volume booster(which gave an error when i installed it because it wasn't fully compatible with my phone, and/or volume enhancer that has you reboot after installing. I've already uninstalled all of them and still, no avail.

Please tell me how to fix this. Thank you

Last edited:

Vince Dizon

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
My jailbroken iPod Touch 4g with iOS 6.1.3 keeps crashing. Whenever I press the sleep button on my iPod Touch, it goes to sleep. When I press it again, it doesn't turn on, it just powers up in a minute or two and enters safe mode. This problem is annoying me so much, I need someone to help me fix my problem.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
My jailbroken iPod Touch 4g with iOS 6.1.3 keeps crashing. Whenever I press the sleep button on my iPod Touch, it goes to sleep. When I press it again, it doesn't turn on, it just powers up in a minute or two and enters safe mode. This problem is annoying me so much, I need someone to help me fix my problem.

There is no way we can help unless you give us a list of everything you have installed in Cydia. Use Appinfo from Cydia to generate a list of it all and post it here.

paulalal

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
funny thing happened, everytime i locked my ipod, springboard crashed so i thought if i backed it up and restored it on itunes, it would back up my jailbroken stuff (fail) but it didnt and i started from scratch. yay. then i re-downloaded stuff in a rush and in the processs i bricked my ipod (yaaay first brick). anyway, i felt like posting this because after bricking my ipod and starting over again, i felt accomplished. moral of the story, live lockscreen wallpapers crash 4th gen ipod springboards. just so you know. they generally have the prefix "LS" in winterboard. its only lockscreen live wallpapers. livewallpapers are fine, just not on lockscreen. YAY ME IM CONTRIBUTING TO THE INTERNET. someone care? noone? ok.

Colton Johnson

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
In crash report it does say mobile and root but the isnt any crash logs the apps and tweaks that i have are activator,barrel,appcent,auxo,dashboard x,dim delay,locallapstore,open backup,safari download manager,springtomize 2,speed intensifier,insomnia,ifile,sbsettings,icleaner,bridge,xbackup,vshare,data deposit,hip store,make it mine and also when it crashes the icons get abit messed and i have 6 apps in my dock when it crashes two apps move to the homepage leaving 4 also wanted to know if i can get haptic keyboard for ios6 thanks in advance

i had this problem also, turned out to be one of my new updates of barrel, threedeeboard.dylib was cause in it, i use ipod 4th gen version 1.6.2, sad to see the app go was nice to have hope they fix it soon.

Robert Denham

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Theres not any crash logs it does say root and mobile but there aint no crashlogs there
have you followed any of the steps in the jailbreak fix it all guide that i posted in the second post?
also vshare is piracy we dont talk about that kind of crap here so you should edit your post before this thrread gets closed and we cant help anymore.

Lemme get this strait this forum topic is on jailbreaking, unlocking, hacks, themes and mods and yet not allowed to talk about v share or "that kind of crap" here, whoa whoa whoa is this not the internet where people commonly seek answers about I'd have thought this be the right place, but obviously a gaited picket fence dipsh&t with goody two shoes.... Who's mummy said no I'm not allowed to do that cause it's bad....

Dude were charged exorbitant amounts to purchase these I devices and anyone who doesn't know about jailbreaking and/ or v share needs to get up to spec quick!,,, never again will I buy an apple anything, over it it's a dying tech and googles android will rule no flash on ipad or iphone very disssapointing not to mention imessage on a 4g ipad + wifi can't text or sms to other smartphones or even call them with the in box package so it's natural people will seek an alternative! lot of money to pay for something only to find out apples prioritys are in depth monitoring of its users activities! locking out anything they deem to be off topic... More people need to know about jailbreak for apple products ..... Viva la revolution. And a big f you to these controlling monopolists...... End of the day we the user pay for these items not apple inc. power to the people

Down with apple

Jailbreak your device ASAP you'll be glad you did :) if you haven't gone droid already cause of this and are left with an expensive shiny boat anchor

M

Ahmad Sa

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
my v share on ios is crashing also with his apps that i dowloaded them from them it start crashing when i powered off my ipad!! pleaseeeeeeeeeeee help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tao Tao1

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Same here. It all happened when I installed the latest Cydia from the internet, and the springboard keeps crashing and going into safe mode. AND I can't access any apps all apps just self-quits. This was on a newly jailbroken device. An old jailbroken device keeps crashing and started having the same problems as the newly jailbroken device, but after an update thru Cydia. :[

aaronsales23

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
Springboard problems(jailbroken)

Ok first I reset my iPhone 4 ios 7.1.2 and jailbroke it using pangu. I installed some miner tweaks and then sbsettings. My phone started rebooting randomly so I uninstalled sbsettings and next I used ifile to trick change my ios firmware for AppStore but it didn't work so I went to change it back and ifile wouldn't open for nothing in the world so I rebooted it and ifile still wouldn't open so I uninstalled it and when I went to install it, I got a error message in the directory saying "method http has died unexpectedly" and I couldn't install anything. I figure that it has to do with the ios fake change but I'm not sure at this point. So I uninstalled all of my tweaks and apps from cydia, still nothing would install. Eventually, eveytime I opened cydia, I get a page with a whole bunch of error messages related to the same one about http has died and I began to uninstall things from cydia, and accidentally uninstalled something that cydia needed and it crashed and deleted cydia.. Literally.. My phone rebooted into safe mode stating that my springboard crashed. So I rebooted it and it was normal for like 10 to 15 seconds and randomly rebooted into safe mode again. I tried everything and my springboard won't stop crashing. I tried to reset my iPhone and it began but froze at the shutdown screen so I forced it to shut down and tried the reset again and still froze on shutdown screen. So I rebooted it and it was normal for 10 to 15 seconds again and rebooted into safe mode with my apps and stuff still remaining. And I've tried everything that I could possibly find on the internet but nothing works. I am currently in a tight spot as I cannot use my laptop for a while. I don't want to buy a new phone so please help me. Please tell me if you have any ideas. Thanks
-aaron

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
There's too many words for me to understand correctly...

I think I understand that Cydia is gone?
Like the app is fine? And you keep satin safe mode. Like your phone reboots and you end up with that message in the status bar?
You messed with the iOS version of your phone in ifile then rebooted without making it correct again is also something I think I understand...
Either way, right now your phone is broken a restore is the way to fix this, especially now with 9.3.3 jailbroken. Move onward brother!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR