Upgrading to 6.1.2

buzcoats

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have a jailbroken iPhone 5 running 6.1. Just curious if I can just choose upgrade option in iTunes to upgrade to 6.1.2 or if I need to go through the whole process of backing up, restoring, re-jailbreaking, etc.? Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have a jailbroken iPhone 5 running 6.1. Just curious if I can just choose upgrade option in iTunes to upgrade to 6.1.2 or if I need to go through the whole process of backing up, restoring, re-jailbreaking, etc.? Thanks.

It is my understanding that if you choose to upgrade, you will lose your jailbreak and will have to re-jailbreak your device afterwards, provided there's an available jailbreak.

papadonna

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
You need to go through the whole process, no matter whether you use OTA or connected to iTunes. It's a hassle, but I dont think .2 is even worth the trouble. IMO

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

Are you on 6.1 or 6.1.1? If you're on 6.1 then I'd say it might be worth it to upgrade to 6.1.2 if you're running 6.1.1 then I'd say it's not worth it. If you upgrade you will have to redo your JB but depending on how many themes, tweaks this might be easy or hard. I had to restore two nights ago but it took me about 15 minutes to get my JB all setup again. I have a list of all the tweaks I use, I can get to the ones I bought from within Cydia and I always backup my Winterboard and Zeppelin mods. However if you have a ton of tweaks then it might be much more complicated for you. So you need to decide, if you decide to do it then use iExplorer to copy your Themes.xxxx folder to your computer from Private\var\stash and if you use Zeppelin copy the \System\Library\Zeppelin too. Do a backup and then put your device into DFU mode and do a restore which will upgrade you. Then restore from your backup, re-JB and install all your JB apps. Then use iExplorer to put the folders inside the Themes.xxxx and Zeppelin in the same location.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro