Block input

dowdyrich

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I believe this would be where I should post this.. I was wondering if there was anyway or tweak that would allow me block input from touchscreen or home button while in an application? I ask because I at times hand my phone to my toddler (I know, I am brave) to watch a movie, or play a game and he exits the app inadvertently (or maybe its on purpose). It may not be not that I think about how you would restore accepting input it the touchscreen is disable; but I was thinking power button volume keys. If this is not available does it even sound possible??

Thanks for any response/help....

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
You may not need an app. I found this on another forum:

Go to Settings
Then to General
Scroll down to Accessibility
Click Learning On for Guided Accesss
Go to whichever video or App that you want to control
Triple Click the Home button in that video or App
Voila!
You can designate an area of the screen that you do not want to be touched
The Home bottom and Sleep buttons will be disabled by default
Just triple click the Home button again to go back to normal
Works wonders for my 2-year old

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Sweet bananas that is the greatest thing ever

is this an ios6 thing??

i dont seem to have the learning on for guided access under accessibility

Last edited:

dowdyrich

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
It was great for a lil while, but my lil genius of a child figured out how to mess with something. I had to turn it back off. Watching a video, set the area I did not want him to mess with, and this lil guy figured out some way to get back to home screen!? I am not even sure what he did, because I was sure I played around with it before I gave it to him.

But when I tried to triple-click, it would not respond. So I was stuck look at a 'greyed' out home screen that would not allow me to do anything. I finally gave up and held power and home key to reboot. Apple needs to hire him to work out kinks lol!

But this was still the closest thing to what I was trying to accomplish. I just need to out-smart a 19 month old genius!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro