Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default 5th gen iPod Touch screen crashing/ghosting within a week after jailbreak

So I jailbroke my 5th gen iPod Touch; everything went just fine. But the other day when I was just looking through photos, my screen froze and started doing this ghosting effect. And it's been doing the same thing since.

I've tried restoring the iPod to vanilla iOS 6.1, and it still glitches out. My question is: did the jailbreak cause this ? Or is it merely coincidence? I never ran any extreme tweaks. The only things I was running were NCSettings, Winterboard theme and locksreen themes, and Auxo. The power, home, volume buttons, and Siri all still work, just anything involving the touch screen won't work.

Thoughts? I'm really hoping that the jailbreak didn't cause this. I want to jailbreak it again as soon as it's fixed haha.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,940 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Default 5th gen iPod Touch screen crashing/ghosting within a week after jailbreak

Jb didn't do that just restore it and take to apple they will give you a new one .. Seems like a bad screen

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !