Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    4,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0

    Default IntelliscreenX 6 issues

    I've had the same problem arise on this latest version 6.01.04 on my iPhone 5 and iPad mini. First, many times when I press the home button when the phone is asleep the layout is all back. Re locking it and hitting button again will fix it. Second, twice on my iPhone 5 and once on my iPad mini when I was refreshing twitter on the IntelliscreenX screen, the devices completely locked up. The only way to get of of it was hard reboots. I have deleted IntelliscreenX 6 on both devices because this app is just too buggy.

    Anybody else experience either of these issues? For now, I trying the 14 day trial of Lockinfo. A lot less features but it works as advertised.

    I have reached out to the developer but no response.
  2. #2  
    Bosox20's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    603 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,106 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1

    Default IntelliscreenX 6 issues

    Sorry no. Works perfectly for me. Try uninstalling and reloading.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    4,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0

    Default Re: IntelliscreenX 6 issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosox20 View Post
    Sorry no. Works perfectly for me. Try uninstalling and reloading.
    Been there done that. Locked up again. It's happening on 2 separate devices. Don't think it's a install issue. The lock up is very random.
  4. #4  
    Bosox20's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    603 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,106 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1

    Default IntelliscreenX 6 issues

    Must not be playing nice with another tweak you have. Any chance you have lockinfo on your device also?
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    4,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0

    Default Re: IntelliscreenX 6 issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosox20 View Post
    Must not be playing nice with another tweak you have. Any chance you have lockinfo on your device also?
    Yeah it could not be playing nice with another tweak. That's why I'm trying to find out if anybody else is having these issues. No I didn't have Lockinfo on at the time. I deleted IntelliscreenX before installing it.
  6. #6  
    djg21's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0

    Default IntelliscreenX 6 issues

    Intelliscreen 6 would crash on my iPhone when BadgeClear was installed. It worked fine after I deleted BadgeClear.
  7. #7  
    Highrisedrifter's Avatar

    Posts
    1,445 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,601 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

    Default Re: IntelliscreenX 6 issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    First, many times when I press the home button when the phone is asleep the layout is all back. Re locking it and hitting button again will fix it.
    If by this you mean that sometimes when you turn the screen on, the background behind ISX is all black but you can still see the text overlaying it, then yes I get this. If you don't mean this, then I apologise but can't help you. I haven't had any lockups with it at all.
  8. #8  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,844 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Re: IntelliscreenX 6 issues

    I tried ISX and it was nice for the most part but it was also unstable for me. I was running it on my iPhone 5, my wife's iPhone 4 and my iPad. On all three devices it just wasn't stable. On my iPhone and iPad it locked up if I tried to send a tweet from the lockscreen. It locked up randomly if I pulled the NC down to check or dismiss notifications, It locked up if I pulled NC down and started a Quick Compose BiteSMS. I stopped doing all those things but then it locked up at when I would simply unlock my device. I know it was ISX because as soon as I uninstalled all the symptoms disappeared. On my wife's 4 the screen would randomly just turn on for half a minute and then go off again very annoying. I have very few tweaks and apps and yes maybe it could be having issues with one of them but they are all needed for functionality so I'm not going to test which one it has issue with or drop the tweak. It still has some work to be done before I would consider it stable.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    4,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0

    Default Re: IntelliscreenX 6 issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Highrisedrifter View Post
    If by this you mean that sometimes when you turn the screen on, the background behind ISX is all black but you can still see the text overlaying it, then yes I get this. If you don't mean this, then I apologise but can't help you. I haven't had any lockups with it at all.
    Yes exactly that is it.
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    4,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0

    Default Re: IntelliscreenX 6 issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    I tried ISX and it was nice for the most part but it was also unstable for me. I was running it on my iPhone 5, my wife's iPhone 4 and my iPad. On all three devices it just wasn't stable. On my iPhone and iPad it locked up if I tried to send a tweet from the lockscreen. It locked up randomly if I pulled the NC down to check or dismiss notifications, It locked up if I pulled NC down and started a Quick Compose BiteSMS. I stopped doing all those things but then it locked up at when I would simply unlock my device. I know it was ISX because as soon as I uninstalled all the symptoms disappeared. On my wife's 4 the screen would randomly just turn on for half a minute and then go off again very annoying. I have very few tweaks and apps and yes maybe it could be having issues with one of them but they are all needed for functionality so I'm not going to test which one it has issue with or drop the tweak. It still has some work to be done before I would consider it stable.
    I agree. All my symptoms left as soon as a deleted it. I saw it was just updated yesterday but maybe after another update, I'll give it a go again. For now, I'll use Lockinfo.
  11. #11  
    Massie's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,004 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,009 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Re: IntelliscreenX 6 issues

    I'm so surprised to read of people having issues with ISX on iOS 6...I actually expected some issues just because it was such a recent update, but I haven't had a single problem with it--I mean, it has been rock solid on my iPhone 5.

    And while I understand people giving up on troubleshooting app conflicts, there's a bit of a logic gap here:

    1. "When I use this app, it doesn't behave correctly."
    2. User uninstalls app.
    3. "Hey, the glitch is gone! It must have been that app I uninstalled."

    Except...the app is uninstalled, so of course the problems encountered while using that app won't be seen anymore–which is not the same as actually finding the issue at the heart of the problem. Obviously, that's good enough for a lot of folks; nothing wrong with that. But if the issue was actually a different tweak, it could conceivably come back with a different app.
  12. #12  
    Sharma15's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    433 Posts
    Global Posts
    823 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default IntelliscreenX 6 issues

    List any apps/tweaks you have installed in relation to lock screen, notification centre, anything isx would use.
  13. #13  
    djhak's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: IntelliscreenX 6 issues

    I've had the same exact problem. iPhone 5 ios 6.1.1
    During trial period.
    Must be a conflict.
    don't feel like deleting everything else.
    Black Screen. Freeze.
    I noticed it froze a lot when trying to launch a Twitter post.
    Anyone isolate conflicts yet?

Similar Threads

  1. Dead Pixel Issue
    By manho1dup in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-19-2008, 10:57 AM
  2. Issues with Safari (not mobile version)
    By Jeremy in forum iMore.com - Site News, Feedback, Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 02:52 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 02:20 PM
  4. iDisk Issues
    By Jeremy in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 12:23 PM
  5. EDGE connectivity issues?
    By braj in forum Carrier Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 08:57 AM

Posting Permissions