IntelliscreenX 6 issues

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I've had the same problem arise on this latest version 6.01.04 on my iPhone 5 and iPad mini. First, many times when I press the home button when the phone is asleep the layout is all back. Re locking it and hitting button again will fix it. Second, twice on my iPhone 5 and once on my iPad mini when I was refreshing twitter on the IntelliscreenX screen, the devices completely locked up. The only way to get of of it was hard reboots. I have deleted IntelliscreenX 6 on both devices because this app is just too buggy.

Anybody else experience either of these issues? For now, I trying the 14 day trial of Lockinfo. A lot less features but it works as advertised.

I have reached out to the developer but no response.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Must not be playing nice with another tweak you have. Any chance you have lockinfo on your device also?

Yeah it could not be playing nice with another tweak. That's why I'm trying to find out if anybody else is having these issues. No I didn't have Lockinfo on at the time. I deleted IntelliscreenX before installing it.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Intelliscreen 6 would crash on my iPhone when BadgeClear was installed. It worked fine after I deleted BadgeClear.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
First, many times when I press the home button when the phone is asleep the layout is all back. Re locking it and hitting button again will fix it.

If by this you mean that sometimes when you turn the screen on, the background behind ISX is all black but you can still see the text overlaying it, then yes I get this. If you don't mean this, then I apologise but can't help you. I haven't had any lockups with it at all.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I tried ISX and it was nice for the most part but it was also unstable for me. I was running it on my iPhone 5, my wife's iPhone 4 and my iPad. On all three devices it just wasn't stable. On my iPhone and iPad it locked up if I tried to send a tweet from the lockscreen. It locked up randomly if I pulled the NC down to check or dismiss notifications, It locked up if I pulled NC down and started a Quick Compose BiteSMS. I stopped doing all those things but then it locked up at when I would simply unlock my device. I know it was ISX because as soon as I uninstalled all the symptoms disappeared. On my wife's 4 the screen would randomly just turn on for half a minute and then go off again very annoying. I have very few tweaks and apps and yes maybe it could be having issues with one of them but they are all needed for functionality so I'm not going to test which one it has issue with or drop the tweak. It still has some work to be done before I would consider it stable.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
If by this you mean that sometimes when you turn the screen on, the background behind ISX is all black but you can still see the text overlaying it, then yes I get this. If you don't mean this, then I apologise but can't help you. I haven't had any lockups with it at all.

Yes exactly that is it.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I tried ISX and it was nice for the most part but it was also unstable for me. I was running it on my iPhone 5, my wife's iPhone 4 and my iPad. On all three devices it just wasn't stable. On my iPhone and iPad it locked up if I tried to send a tweet from the lockscreen. It locked up randomly if I pulled the NC down to check or dismiss notifications, It locked up if I pulled NC down and started a Quick Compose BiteSMS. I stopped doing all those things but then it locked up at when I would simply unlock my device. I know it was ISX because as soon as I uninstalled all the symptoms disappeared. On my wife's 4 the screen would randomly just turn on for half a minute and then go off again very annoying. I have very few tweaks and apps and yes maybe it could be having issues with one of them but they are all needed for functionality so I'm not going to test which one it has issue with or drop the tweak. It still has some work to be done before I would consider it stable.

I agree. All my symptoms left as soon as a deleted it. I saw it was just updated yesterday but maybe after another update, I'll give it a go again. For now, I'll use Lockinfo.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm so surprised to read of people having issues with ISX on iOS 6...I actually expected some issues just because it was such a recent update, but I haven't had a single problem with it--I mean, it has been rock solid on my iPhone 5.

And while I understand people giving up on troubleshooting app conflicts, there's a bit of a logic gap here:

1. "When I use this app, it doesn't behave correctly."
2. User uninstalls app.
3. "Hey, the glitch is gone! It must have been that app I uninstalled."

Except...the app is uninstalled, so of course the problems encountered while using that app won't be seen anymore–which is not the same as actually finding the issue at the heart of the problem. Obviously, that's good enough for a lot of folks; nothing wrong with that. But if the issue was actually a different tweak, it could conceivably come back with a different app.

djhak

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I've had the same exact problem. iPhone 5 ios 6.1.1
During trial period.
Must be a conflict.
don't feel like deleting everything else.
Black Screen. Freeze.
I noticed it froze a lot when trying to launch a Twitter post.
Anyone isolate conflicts yet?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711