iPhone 5 6.1 jailbreak battery problem

deah12

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey just seeing if anyone else has this problem but I jailbroke my phone last night and ever sense my battery life has been horrible anyone got any suggestions to fix it or what my problem could me thanks.

tkistre

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I do not have any fixes...but I can share my story. I jailbroke my iPhone 4, 8 days ago. The first 3-4 days, the battery life was definately running down faster. There has been some updates in Cydia, but I really didn't pay attention to what they were, I just updated when it shows in "Changes." I will say that the last 2-3 days, my battery life has went back to my normal.

Mahalania

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I've had my iPhone 5 jailbroken for a week now. My phone has been completely normal. 2-3 days ago I downloaded barrel as well and nothing was wrong. I checked Cydia yesterday and downloaded 3 updates. Me being the dummy that I am didn't see what the update was about. The phone seemed normal after that.

However this morning the phone was at 100% at 7am and by 9 it was at 32%. All my apps are closed so nothing is running in the background and I didn't touch my phone as I was in class. My phone is extremely hot to the touch in the back and I already uninstalled barrel. When I get home I'm going to restore my phone and start over to see if I can catch if the problem is jb related.

I'm a total jb newbie if push comes to shove and I have to visit apple (hopefully unlikely) after restoring my phone is there any way they could tell the phone was jb before ?

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had my iPhone 5 jailbroken for a week now. My phone has been completely normal. 2-3 days ago I downloaded barrel as well and nothing was wrong. I checked Cydia yesterday and downloaded 3 updates. Me being the dummy that I am didn't see what the update was about. The phone seemed normal after that.

However this morning the phone was at 100% at 7am and by 9 it was at 32%. All my apps are closed so nothing is running in the background and I didn't touch my phone as I was in class. My phone is extremely hot to the touch in the back and I already uninstalled barrel. When I get home I'm going to restore my phone and start over to see if I can catch if the problem is jb related.

I'm a total jb newbie if push comes to shove and I have to visit apple (hopefully unlikely) after restoring my phone is there any way they could tell the phone was jb before ?

No need to start over again. Next time this happens just turn the phone off and hold the volume up button when restarting. This boots the phone into safe mode and here you can remove any tweaks you believe are causing issues.

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on my 4s. I'm only getting 4 hours on a full charge with light use. I also recently installed Barrel & Applocker. I've disabled them so I'll see if there's any improvement. I've been keeping up with the evasi0n updates in cydia.

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
So I uninstalled Applocker & Barrel & my batt performance is back to what it used to be. 8 1/2 hrs now & I'm at 50% with average usage (90 min of pandora, couple of short phone calls, handful of texts, light Internet usage)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro