My j/b device can't play web videos and YouTube videos at all

abhijit1289

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm a total noob at iOS and was wondering if you could help me out. My jail broken device doesn't let me play any web videos and YouTube videos, even on the safe mode, so it's not a tweak. I read in some other forum that I need to delete the video decoder/ encoder files but have no idea where to find them could you please help me? Alternate methods are welcome.
Edit- come to think of it, it started after I uninstalled protube 2 maybe it screwed up my drivers. Just my opinion since I have no clue what to do....
Thanks!

komp444

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
My device can't play web videos and YouTube videos at all

Hey man. As a guy who's been with iOS for a while I'd recommend maybe just using the standard iOS first and master that before jailbreaking. Always helps to crawl before you walk. Besides you might like being on standard iOS and learning all that it has to offer so you know exactly what aspects you want to jailbreaking about it later. Sorry I couldn't help you with your YouTube problems but I know lifehacker.com could help as well.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: My device can't play web videos and YouTube videos at all

Restore.

And just FYI...not to judge or anything, but protube is another one of those apps that are flirting with the pirating line, and most of those apps tend to come with certain problematic habits that the end user doesn't realize can happen until it does (IE: your case). Leave these apps alone if you want a flawless user experience...downloading YouTube videos for personal use isn't worth the headache.

abhijit1289

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Restore.

And just FYI...not to judge or anything, but protube is another one of those apps that are flirting with the pirating line, and most of those apps tend to come with certain problematic habits that the end user doesn't realize can happen until it does (IE: your case). Leave these apps alone if you want a flawless user experience...downloading YouTube videos for personal use isn't worth the headache.

Yes that's why I uninstalled it. My friend who jail broke my device also installed whichever tweaks I have right now.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I would go through my packages and see which ones have anything to do with videos. I'd delete them one by one and try to watch videos each time until a solution was found.

A faster way to do this would to just delete the mobile substrate tweak. This will delete all tweaks in Cydia but will not unjailbreak your device. It will be like restoring and then retail breaking giving you a fresh start. Then install tweaks one at a time until you figure out the tweak causing problems.

abhijit1289

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Restore.

The restore worked! Thanks so much!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77