Lost everything!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I jb my wife's 5.
Kept it very minimal, gave her bite on trial to see of she liked it.
Sbsettings, ifile, pandora downloader, and ssh.
Trial runs out she decides she doesn't want bite! But that's another story.
Anyways, I uninstall bite, then being diligent, I open up ifile and search for term bite,
First folder is sbsettings something something bite so I delete it?
Immediately ifile crashed, will not open. I swipe status bar for sbsettings, respring?
EVERYTHING IS GONE.
I have three apps left, nothing stock.
Activator still works,respring, still nothing. Reboot, still nothing
I swipe right to get to springboard search, can locate all music, messages, contacts et, but when I select said faile to open link blah blah app is not found!
So I power down, reboot with volume up key, STILL NOTHING!
Wife is obviously not happy with her valentines day gift of a new paperweight, so I restore as new. All is well?

Does anybody have any idea what I could have done???

It's like I somehow erased all symbolic links On the phone!

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
That's really sad :(
Sorry Bro. I'm just curios, why did you delete something with iFile if you want just to deinstall it?
You can use Cydia or CyDelete. I would never use iFile to delete something, just to move or modify...

iBradA5

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
3cit, if you could possibly remember what you navigated to in iFile I can check out what you deleted. I don't have the paid version so I can't search. Just by the sound of it, it sounds like you possibly deleted the entire sbsettings folder which didn't have anything to do with bite. It listed bite on the folder name because you once had bite on your springboard.

sameer kapoor

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I also had same experience but hadn't deleted any file , only opened ifile just checked var-library- themes and closed the app and immediately my phone crashed and stuck on apple logo for many hours then I had to restore. But today I have a different story, i JB my friends iphone 4s 6.1.1 using evasion 1.3 everything worked flawless , after fully loaded with tweaks , I downloaded Bytafont and apply walt disney font and respring and the icon of sbsettings, activator, barrel and bytafont eloped , I don't know where they have gone . what should i do now ? should i uninstall or reinstall bytafont because i am unable to remove walt disney font without the icon of bytafont.

iBradA5

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I also had same experience but hadn't deleted any file , only opened ifile just checked var-library- themes and closed the app and immediately my phone crashed and stuck on apple logo for many hours then I had to restore. But today I have a different story, i JB my friends iphone 4s 6.1.1 using evasion 1.3 everything worked flawless , after fully loaded with tweaks , I downloaded Bytafont and apply walt disney font and respring and the icon of sbsettings, activator, barrel and bytafont eloped , I don't know where they have gone . what should i do now ? should i uninstall or reinstall bytafont because i am unable to remove walt disney font without the icon of bytafont.

Have you tried to respring since the icons disappeared? If not, do. It should fix it.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I uninstalled bite from cydia. Respring was required.
I know form experience that stuff gets left over, so that's when I searched in ifile, I navigated to root, then searched for bite.
I got a crap ton of hits, lots of .list and many folders the first which was sbsettings.?
I didn't look, cuz I didn't care, really I just assumed it was a folder with the toggle Png or something.
The thing is, I didn't lose the jailbreak, I didn't lose mobile substrate, I just lost all ability to open and use 96% of the apps.

It's all a moot point now because all is well, but i can just imagine it driving me crazy for the next 30 years of my life because I have NO IDEA what I did!!!

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Similar thing just happened to me. I woke up, checked a few emails, checked some apps, all is good. Then I went to open facebook and it would not open. It just kept going back to the main page on my phone, showing all of my first page apps. I swiped SBsettings and hit "respring" Phone came back on, checked facebook, all is good. Then I noticed I was missing about half of my apps. They are gone. Some are Apple standard apps, some are itunes apps. I tried to respring and I get the same results. I then went to itunes, to see if I can reinstall some of the apps, but Itunes must think they are on my phone. There is not "install" button, it just says "open" When I click open, nothing happens. I searched my phone for the apps and nothing comes up.

Maybe it was that metior in Russia????? HA

what ever it was, I have lost about half of my apps, and I dont see how to reinstall, without doing a fresh install

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
3cit, could you not have run iCleaner to accomplish removing the leftovers from Bite instead of trying to remove manually? I don't mean to hijack but, I'm kinda curious about this myself. How to completely remove Bite is one of the reasons I haven't tried it yet.

mountainlion88

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I was in iFile deleting language packs to speed up my itouch, but then i accidentally deleted something called ipodout.app what does it do? if i need it can someone post it?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I was in iFile deleting language packs to speed up my itouch, but then i accidentally deleted something called ipodout.app what does it do? if i need it can someone post it?

We cannot post copyright info. This is a native iOS app/function. Here's what it does:

Hidden app for iPodOut functionality with third party equipment such as car entertainment systems. Provides a media selection and notification view interface through the video output.

mountainlion88

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
has anyone tried that to fix it

Update: I just saw somewhere else that it only is used in BMW's iDrive system, so i dont need to worry, i think. ill try it in my car later

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
There's a tweak called iCleaner that does just that. It deletes unused dependencies of tweaks plus more. Highly recommended.

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk 2

Zibro

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar problem, i clicked on safari but it wouldnt open... so i respring my iphone, and when it resprung almost everything was gone! even the settings and photos and ipod and everything that came with the iphone (the stuff you cant delete without jailbreak), and half the apps i downloaded from the appstore where gone too! someone PLEEEAAASSEEEE HEEELLLLPPPP MEEEE!

THX IN ADVANCE