Safe to jailbreak now?

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
When Evasi0n was released, I held off and waited for the problem reports to start, and start they did. I see that Evasi0n is now up to version 1.3, so I'm wondering if it's safe yet to use? I have an iPad 2 and an iPhone 5, both on iOS 6.1 and there are a few JB only tweaks I want to re-install.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well... one can never guarantee you won't run into something, but the chances of there being an undiscovered bug are quite slim. I'd say pull the trigger!

Also: check your preferred tweaks against this list: iOS 6 Compatibility List

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Well... one can never guarantee you won't run into something, but the chances of there being an undiscovered bug are quite slim. I'd say pull the trigger!

Also: check your preferred tweaks against this list: iOS 6 Compatibility List

Thanks.

One of the tweaks I used before does not seem to be listed. Of course, I may have forgotten its correct name/spelling. I think it's called KeyCaps, and shows the current Shift status on the keys themselves by changing them all to lower case when not Shifted.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks.

One of the tweaks I used before does not seem to be listed. Of course, I may have forgotten its correct name/spelling. I think it's called KeyCaps, and shows the current Shift status on the keys themselves by changing them all to lower case when not Shifted.

I believe you're talking about showcase which works perfectly on iOS 6.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I believe you're talking about showcase which works perfectly on iOS 6.

Yep, that's the one. I re-discovered that when looking at ikeywi. (Its description says it removes Showcase). Jailbreak on the iPad went smooth, only glitch is that when I tried to queue and load three items at the same time, it failed with a size mis-match error. Installing them one at a time worked, but I kinda dislike having to reboot the device between each one.

I'll let it bake on the iPad for a day or three before jailbreaking the iPhone, to be sure. A broken iPad is an inconvenience, but a broken iPhone is a major problem.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2