restore after jailbreak on iphone 5
how do I do a restore to remove jailbreak? I go to settings-general-reset-erase all content and settings but after 15 minutes all I still have is a spinning wheel. I back up using icloud and not itunes. I plug phone in and open itunes but I cant get to the page that says restore. Any help?
- 02-11-2013, 09:38 PM #2iMore Intermediate
- 190 Posts
Re: restore after jailbreak on iphone 5
You can't use the reset all settings button on a jailbroken phone; it locks it up or puts it into a reboot loop. It's pretty widely reported, but it's easy to miss with all of the other jailbreak info. Most of us just find out the hard way, just like you!
Google "DFU Mode" (it's easier for you to look it up than to type it all out here) and get your phone into that mode. iTunes should recognize it without any trouble and prompt you to restore your phone. You'll be back in business in no time!
- By pilotnh in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 08-03-2010, 09:57 AM
- By Jamesey2 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 6Last Post: 12-27-2009, 01:13 AM
- By Bombsquad6116 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 5Last Post: 07-12-2009, 06:19 PM
- By Bombsquad6116 in forum iPhone 3G ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 07-12-2009, 10:53 AM
- By mtsfestivus in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 4Last Post: 07-23-2008, 02:04 AM