Iphone 5 and JB methods

valdesr11

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Good afternoon everyone and happy Monday!

I am new to the Iphone family and wanted to ask your opinions on the JB process.
I saw that Evasi0n recently came out with a working JB but I wanted to know if it was really working and trust-able.
I come from Android where I would get all my roms off of XDA developers and you can trust mostly all roms on there but for some reason I don't feel as safe with Apple knowing there are a bunch of fakes out there with their own sites and such. Any specific sites I should keep an eye on for updates? Worthy tutorials for everything? A list of the best JB apps and tweaks?

I have been more than a month without hacking and customizing my cellphone since I had my Evo 3D so I am getting to the point where I have to get to it on the Iphone.

Any recommendations, tips, and all would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
sting was correct, on both accounts.

As far as using evasi0n, it's the easiest downloadable jailbreak tool to date. Download it, back up your phone, close iTunes, run evasi0n, and follow the on screen prompts.

valdesr11

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Evasi0n is the one you want.

I'd recommend you check out the jailbreak forum as you will get faster and more response. My knowledge is very limited as I am firmly on Team Pure.

http://forums.imore.com/jailbreaking-unlocking-hacks-themes-mods/

Welcome to the forums and the iPhone.

sting was correct, on both accounts.

As far as using evasi0n, it's the easiest downloadable jailbreak tool to date. Download it, back up your phone, close iTunes, run evasi0n, and follow the on screen prompts.

Thank you guys, I officially jail broke it last night.
Wasn't really what I was expecting though. Every good tweak costs money, and by money I mean money. Some are as high as $10.
Nothing like android where 95% of the tweaks and all are free. If you know of any must have free ones please let me know.

Thanks again.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'd say SBSettings is a must have. Even if you don't think you'll use it, having it will help others work through troubleshooting with you when it comes up. It also allows you to hide all of those apps that apple won't let you get rid of such as stocks, etc.

BiteSMS is free, it'll just run an ad after a week. It's $3-$8 depending on when you buy it to remove the ad. It's a huge step up from the factory texting app. Quick reply allows you to reply without leaving the app you were working in prior to getting a text.

Winterboard is the app to control theming, it's free.

You can either get FakeOperator or use the functionality within SBSettings to change the carrier to something more YOU.

If you use more advanced themes, LockScreen Clock Hide is free. To me, it's essential to make my screen look how I want to see it.

NoNewsIsGoodNews gets rid of the obnoxious news stand I never use.

If you're just looking for free apps, you should consider appgratis from the itunes store. It'll link you to apps that are discounted, or free, for a day so that you can get apps you wouldn't consider otherwise. That's without jailbreak functionality.

valdesr11

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I'd say SBSettings is a must have. Even if you don't think you'll use it, having it will help others work through troubleshooting with you when it comes up. It also allows you to hide all of those apps that apple won't let you get rid of such as stocks, etc.

BiteSMS is free, it'll just run an ad after a week. It's $3-$8 depending on when you buy it to remove the ad. It's a huge step up from the factory texting app. Quick reply allows you to reply without leaving the app you were working in prior to getting a text.

Winterboard is the app to control theming, it's free.

You can either get FakeOperator or use the functionality within SBSettings to change the carrier to something more YOU.

If you use more advanced themes, LockScreen Clock Hide is free. To me, it's essential to make my screen look how I want to see it.

NoNewsIsGoodNews gets rid of the obnoxious news stand I never use.

If you're just looking for free apps, you should consider appgratis from the itunes store. It'll link you to apps that are discounted, or free, for a day so that you can get apps you wouldn't consider otherwise. That's without jailbreak functionality.

Thank you, this was really helpful.
What are some good websites to go through different apps, tweaks, and themes?
On android, I used to use appbrain for the apps and xda developers for the roms and tweaks. Anything like this for Apple?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The most useful repos are already installed in Cydia. You can search through them for themes as well. The other threads here have the repo for the most updated version of bitesms. There's two on the first page about bitesms.

Getting themes from the Internet requires more than a simple install. For those, you're best suited using google and then asking for help with the specific theme.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices