How to change the default web browser

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm a jailbreak newbie. Would like to know how to set Google Chrome as my default browser. How is this done?

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
That does the trick but, I see Safari still originally launches then Chrome launches. Is there anything that does this a little more cleanly?

That is odd. This "safari first" effect would happen when I used BrowserChooser so I switched to Browser Changer. Perhaps try the other or reinstall?

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
That is odd. This "safari first" effect would happen when I used BrowserChooser so I switched to Browser Changer. Perhaps try the other or reinstall?

That did the trick. Switched to "browser changer" now no "safari first" issue. Thanks!

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I am using browser changer and I set my browser to Mercury Pro. But when I do a spotlight search and hit search the web my iPhone crashes. I read that this was fixed with the latest version of BC.

Anyone else having this problem?

Sent from my iPhone 7

flyballmom

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I have been searching everywhere to find out what I'm doing wrong with my Browser Changer. I've tried uninstalling, respringing, and even using a different device and I am still at a loss. When I go into my Settings App and go down to the Cydia apps, touch Browser Changer and see the options I have them all selected but when I go to select a browser none of them are able to be selected. What am I missing?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2