Anyone using ClockBuilder and ClockBuilder 5 Theme?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
This is a really interesting idea and a potentially great way for non-coders to make custom lock screens for jailbroken devices: Clock Builder

Is anyone using it with an iPhone 5? How is it?

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm using it with my 4s and it's awesome. Only thing is there is an update on it in Cydia, and it can't connect to complete the update..lol. But it's a sweet program that works totally amazing. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360287838.481682.jpg

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious to know what that update does... climacons, also, this ds_store option showed up in winterboard after upgrading.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that since using clockbuilder, and hiding the default clock, that I no longer get notifications on my lock screen. Also no longer get the alarm clock popup giving the option to snooze. Is this normal?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that since using clockbuilder, and hiding the default clock, that I no longer get notifications on my lock screen. Also no longer get the alarm clock popup giving the option to snooze. Is this normal?

Yes there is an issue with HTML clocks and notifications on iOS 6 and winterboard. The developer is aware and will work on it as soon as he can.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
This is just what I was looking for! Thank you for pointing it out, Massie.

I'm having an issue that even with all Location services turned on for the app and so on, it still can't find my location though and asks me to enter my location manually, which there is no way for me to do (and I would much rather it give me weather for the location I am at, rather than a default location anyway).

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
This is just what I was looking for! Thank you for pointing it out, Massie.

I'm having an issue that even with all Location services turned on for the app and so on, it still can't find my location though and asks me to enter my location manually, which there is no way for me to do (and I would much rather it give me weather for the location I am at, rather than a default location anyway).

In the Clockbuilder app, tap the Gears icon on the bottom of the screen, then tap Weather Settings (I'm assuming you added a weather feature to your setup already of course). Then tap Location and add yours.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
In the Clockbuilder app, tap the Gears icon on the bottom of the screen, then tap Weather Settings (I'm assuming you added a weather feature to your setup already of course). Then tap Location and add yours.

Got it, thanks. I guess. I'm a bit hard of thinking today, so thanks for the help.

I love this app though, very intuitive. Pity I can't get it to recognise my 'current location' rather than me having to type in my actual location into the weather field in the options. Stil, a great find.

Attachments

• LS.jpg
    LS.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 31

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Don't you need that special weather gps program from
Modmyi for automatic weather location?
I forget what it's called now.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My location.

The only app I could find is called GPS Weather Lockscreen but it does bundle My Location in with it. My Location doesn't exist as a standalone app in Cydia, it seems.

Thanks to both of you though, let's see if it fixes it. I still keep getting the ClockBuilder app can't determine my current location but i'll see if it changes when I go out next.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
When you say you turned location services on, you're talking about the Settings>Privacy>Location Services>Clock Builder? If so, maybe a reinstall would help?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
When you say you turned location services on, you're talking about the Settings>Privacy>Location Services>Clock Builder? If so, maybe a reinstall would help?

Yep Settings>Privacy>Location Services>Clock Builder is definitely switched on. I still can't get it to work with the My Location app so I will try a reinstall of ClockBuilder. as you suggest.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep Settings>Privacy>Location Services>Clock Builder is definitely switched on. I still can't get it to work with the My Location app so I will try a reinstall of ClockBuilder. as you suggest.

Ok. I asked the dev about it on Twitter and he said it does work.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
OK, thanks for that. Odd. I must have something wrong somewhere then. I uninstalled an reinstalled both ClockBuilder and the GPS Weather Lockscreen (My Loaction) app and still it doesn't work at all for me. I'll just uninstall stuff until it starts to work then reinstall stuff back until it doesn't.

Currently using:
Accelerate
Activator
Blurried NC Background
Browser Changer
CleverPin
Clockbuilder 5 Theme
GMTSync
GPS Weather Lockscreen
iBlacklist
ISX 6
Lockscren Clock hide
NC Settings
Nitrous
Springtomize 2
Transparent Status Bar
Winterboard

And that's waaaay more apps than I ever intended to install too.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Well that was a fun couple of hours.

All apps deleted and reinstalled one by one starting with Clockbuilder and the Clockbuilder 5 Theme but it hasn't worked. Coupled with the known issue of not showing notifications on the lockscreen (as above), this app will be consined into the 'amost ran' bin until fixed I think.

I don't doubt the fault lies at my end regarding the weather location not showing correctly though.

EDIT: I contacted the app creator, Gustavo, and he responded to me thus - "This is a problem with how winter board handle geo location requests on the lock screen. I'm looking into a way to implement this but this may be limited to a winter board issue. One of the problems is that the web view will usually ask for permission to get your location so every time the lock screen comes up, it may prompt for that. I'll look into it more and probably post something on twitter or gmt.io"

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro