Don't know password for Encrypt iPhone Backup!
I'm trying to jailbreak but I can't do it with the backup encrypted...anyway I go to iTunes to turn it off, and it asks for the password.
The problem is I don't remember setting this up. I never put a password in there, and if I had, it would have been one of the passwords I use, and it's none of those. I'm not usually the type of person to forget setting something like that up, or to forget my passwords.
Is there any way around this? Any ways to retrieve a lost password? Can I uninstall/reinstall iTunes? Any help would be appreciated...
- 02-07-2013, 02:38 PM #2
- 02-22-2013, 05:47 AM #3
Re: Don't know password for Encrypt iPhone Backup!
I've the identical problem; I do believe it's asking for the encryption password, though in my case, could not recall encrypting the backup and I haven't entered it in Splash ID. I ended up using an external program to decrypt the password – "iPhone Backup Unlocker"
It worked like a charm. I only downloaded its standard version. With that it gave me the first three letters and the rest were blocked out with ***. The result is just as 123***. This however was enough for me to recall the password.
Refer to pro support on how to turn off iTunes backup password from turn off itunes backuppassword - Ask People For Help And Get Answers, Fast - GuideMyJailbreak
- By williamsbh76 in forum iPhone 5Replies: 3Last Post: 08-16-2012, 05:14 PM
- By bigcatos in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 12-26-2010, 08:41 PM
- By bigcatos in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 12-15-2010, 01:01 PM
- By echaos1210 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 15Last Post: 07-22-2010, 01:20 PM
- By Entertainment72 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 2Last Post: 06-17-2009, 03:29 PM