Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    IOS 6.1

Default VLC Player

I just jailbroke my iPad 3 (first time jailbreak for me on any IOS device) and I am looking to play videos from a remote computer to my device. My computer is a work computer so I am unable to use air video due to firewall restrictions. Is there any jailbreak app that would allow me to bypass this and view videos from my computer to my device without having to have the video bog my device down?
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Default Re: VLC Player

Quote Originally Posted by jayxpx2 View Post
    I just jailbroke my iPad 3 (first time jailbreak for me on any IOS device) and I am looking to play videos from a remote computer to my device. My computer is a work computer so I am unable to use air video due to firewall restrictions. Is there any jailbreak app that would allow me to bypass this and view videos from my computer to my device without having to have the video bog my device down?
    You could create a VPN connection to your computer and connect with your ipad over the VPN. If that is not an option, which it may not be if you have firewall restrictions for streaming then your best option would be to just bite the bullet and throw em on the ipad.