Anyone know a tweak to...

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Disable the keyboard pop ups? Not the spotlight hider or whatever, but when I'm typing, I don't want the keys to pop up big for that split second. I was wondering if anyone has found a tweak that can do that. No luck with google.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Color keyboard probably has that covered somewhere. If not you can theme color keyboard to make the popups invisible

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Let me get back to you? I may be wrong. I know you can get rid of the "background" part of that pop up key, but maybe not the letter itself!!

But there might be a workaround to it!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360234612.984735.jpg
So i got rid of the background, but the letter is still popping up!!!
I gotta figure out what causes that!!!
I'm close though… but I gotta sleep, I'll work on it more tomorrow

heres what i got so far iNvisipop

download that folder and then use ifunbox, or ifile, or ssh, or however you get into your filesystem and place it in /var/mobile/library/keyboard/colorkeyboard/popups

Last edited:

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 26340
So i got rid of the background, but the letter is still popping up!!!
I gotta figure out what causes that!!!
I'm close though? but I gotta sleep, I'll work on it more tomorrow

heres what i got so far iNvisipop

download that folder and then use ifunbox, or ifile, or ssh, or however you get into your filesystem and place it in /var/mobile/library/keyboard/colorkeyboard/popups

Dude you are the man! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help as always! Thank you!

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
What about going into a keyboard pop up folder and deleting all of the files? Everything except for like the shift or something.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
So here is what I got and where I put it, but I still have the popups. Update: my experiment above didn't work. :p

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1360276560.115740.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1360276567.653070.jpg

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Alright 3cit, I've got another challenge for you. For some reason whenever I try to download anything from Cydia it always forces an install for CK which I already have. Mind you I added the Cydia.xsellize source and download CK from there originally. I shouldn't have and I stopped using that source and started purchasing the apps I use now. The developers earn that anyways. So I purchased the license through the actual CK and then tried to install that. It didn't work for taking off the xsellize version so I tried to uninstall that version which forced the actual CK install again. Here's what I'm getting and I'm thinking I might have to restore and reJB. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1360278058.712155.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1360278068.811742.jpg
This is when trying to uninstall xsellize CK
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1360278090.282999.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1360278100.561657.jpg
This is trying to install actual CK
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1360278116.712125.jpg
And the constant error even tho I deleted the CK folder in mobile/library/ keyboards.

Sorry to bother with all this but you've helped me a lot in the past and I figured if anyone knew what to do, it'd be you! Thanks. :)

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
For whatever reason, cydia thinks the package is still Installed from the x repo also.
Maybe do a search in ifile from the very root and see if there is any other color keyboard dpkg's laying around?
Also that folder you downloaded from drop box should have been an entire folder named iNVisipop, it looks looks like you have just the .list
But it should an entire folder that goes in that spot.
So you placed it right, just don't have all of it.
Then you select it from color keyboards settings.
Also if you select a theme that's empty, you just get apple stock popup keys

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
For whatever reason, cydia thinks the package is still Installed from the x repo also.
Maybe do a search in ifile from the very root and see if there is any other color keyboard dpkg's laying around?
Also that folder you downloaded from drop box should have been an entire folder named iNVisipop, it looks looks like you have just the .list
But it should an entire folder that goes in that spot.
So you placed it right, just don't have all of it.
Then you select it from color keyboards settings.
Also if you select a theme that's empty, you just get apple stock popup keys

That didn't work unfortunately. I deleted remotely everything having to do with it. The app is still there and now technically rendered useless. What would happen if I deleted this file "User/bin/dpkg" because that popped up in the most recent error message I got trying to uninstall.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I think that you'd have problems uninstalling everything.
I think that is cydias equivalent to the app stores metadata

Have you tried a reboot?

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I think that you'd have problems uninstalling everything.
I think that is cydias equivalent to the app stores metadata

Have you tried a reboot?

As in on and off? Yes. Didn't work. I was in the process if restoring when I thought maybe if I delete the Cydia installer package it'll work. So I did that and Cydia was gone then I real JB and it seems to be working alright now... Idk, it was wierd. Now I know that if the app I'm looking for isn't in the sources provided by Saurik, then it's just not meant to be lol.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If you hit that download button on the very top does it let you download it as a zip?

All those boxes underneath are transparent png files!

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
If you hit that download button on the very top does it let you download it as a zip?

All those boxes underneath are transparent png files!

Here's what comes up :( ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1360328838.477082.jpg
It's alright tho man you don't have to do all this stuff for my sake. I need to take up developing so I can figure this stuff out myself and not have to bug anyone else! :p

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
How are you using drop box? On your phone or on a computer?

try to grab it from a pc, so you have the option of downlaoding a zip, then within the zip is a folder

drop.PNG

Last edited: