Oops...Currently Restoring. (Frozen on Boot.)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Just a word of warning...I was in the middle of installing some theme folders tonight when my iPhone 5 went dark and tried to reboot before getting stuck on the boot logo. Tried all the usual things but couldn't get any of it to work--I'm currently restoring.

Thought I'd mention it since we all know that Apple is going to close the window on 6.1 pretty quickly...I guess I'll just be a little more careful about what I install going forward.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
i admire your tenacity

Frankly, I'm embarrassed that I couldn't get it to boot. After all the jailbreaking I've been through I figured I could do it no matter what, but it just sat there while the fear crept in--"what if Apple is closing the 6.1 signing window RIGHT NOW???"--and that's when I decided to restore. Figured it would be better long-term anyway.

So does this mean you're still not jailbroken? If so you've lasted much longer than I'd have guessed!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
HAHA! currently rocking 6.1.1 but i do have my 6.1 blobs saved so i could be jailbroken tomorrow

i'm not sure i have ever seen this many issues with a JB this early ever. or have i been away far too long?

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Just a word of warning...I was in the middle of installing some theme folders tonight when my iPhone 5 went dark and tried to reboot before getting stuck on the boot logo. Tried all the usual things but couldn't get any of it to work--I'm currently restoring.

Thought I'd mention it since we all know that Apple is going to close the window on 6.1 pretty quickly...I guess I'll just be a little more careful about what I install going forward.

What theme folders were they so we can all avoid them?

This is why I'm staying away from themes unless they are updated for iOS 6 and the iPhone 5.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
HAHA! currently rocking 6.1.1 but i do have my 6.1 blobs saved so i could be jailbroken tomorrow

i'm not sure i have ever seen this many issues with a JB this early ever. or have i been away far too long?

I remember far more issue's with past JB's, this one seems pretty solid..

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
What theme folders were they so we can all avoid them?

This is why I'm staying away from themes unless they are updated for iOS 6 and the iPhone 5.

Well, I'm not saying it was something in the theme itself (just to be clear) but I had a bunch going in at once: LS Nimbus, LS iDust, an old Typophone (not the one in Cydia). Other recent installs included WallpaperJPEGifier and rpetrich's RespringCacheFixer. Might be some others that I don't recall right now.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Sweet baby j man! You gotta tell us the tweaks you tried to throw
On there at the time of freeze!!!

If it was a Siri type (which I know it wasn't, cuz you have a 5) then you deserve a restore? I'm Gonna go start a rant thread on tat right now?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Sweet baby j man! You gotta tell us the tweaks you tried to throw
On there at the time of freeze!!!

If it was a Siri type (which I know it wasn't, cuz you have a 5) then you deserve a restore… I'm Gonna go start a rant thread on tat right now…

Here's the rundown of what I can recall being on there, but I'm fairly sure that if I stuck it out I could have eventually got it to boot...I think I just tossed too much in at once via iExplorer and it screwed up the reboot. I figured a quick restore would be just as easy. Anyway, here's the list:

Activator
Barrel
Bitesms
Cascade
Color Keyboard
iFile
Infinidock
ISX
LS Clock Hide
NCSettings
Pandora Downloader
Springtomize 2
Wallpaper JPEGifier
Winterboard

themes:
biteLiquid for Bitesms
Blink lockscreen

that's it!
Back to normal now and will be a bit more cautious about how and what I load.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner