Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Expert

iOS Version
    iOS 6

Default iPhone 5 jailbreak, gba emulator and roms?

I remember when I had the iPhone 4S and it was jailbroken I would be able to download the gpsphone gba emulator and a source that let me download a list of gba games to play on my iPhone without having to have the original game like all the other roms ask.

I jailbroke my iPhone 5 today and all the sources I used to used don't go through either are interrupted mid download or I get a red or yellow warning that something isn't right.

Do any of you guys out on imore know of a good emulator and a good source for roms or a how to on downloading and playing games on the iPhone 5? Looking for Pokemon and super Mario more than anything just getting frustrated trying to find sources that work or YouTube instructions on how to install games on the iPhone and then not having it work.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1/6

You're not likely to get any answers on how to pirate games here.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by chadec View Post
    You're not likely to get any answers on how to pirate games here.
    Emulation is not i repeat IS NOT piracy or illegal. So you should stay out of this.

There is a developer named Robert Bruglia who makes a tremendous set of emulators.
    He's got Nintendo, super Nintendo genesis and game boy covered. There is also a Psx app as well a few Mame emulators.
    On that note there is a mame emulator hidden in the app store right now called gridlee
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1/6

Quote Originally Posted by 3cit View Post
    Emulation is not i repeat IS NOT piracy or illegal. So you should stay out of this.

Youre right that emulation and emulators are not illegal. Fine, but ROMs are. I'm perfectly fine with being proven wrong, I just would like to be told the difference between giving sources for ROMs (which the OP asked for) and a repo for cracked applications or something like installous?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts

Default Re: iPhone 5 jailbreak, gba emulator and roms?

Quote Originally Posted by 3cit View Post

There is a developer named Robert Bruglia who makes a tremendous set of emulators.
    He's got Nintendo, super Nintendo genesis and game boy covered. There is also a Psx app as well a few Mame emulators.
    On that note there is a mame emulator hidden in the app store right now called gridlee
    While emulators are indeed legal, but isn't downloading roms, especially ones you dont physically own anymore illegal?
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Downloading Roms you don't own is obviously illegal and piracy.
    However nintendos claim on their site, that using Roms that you own a physical legal copy of, is illegal is bogus at best. I imagine it has been challenged and won as there would not be the volume of Roms available that there are. Surely one DCMA notice would have taken doperoms.com down by now. That site is huge and well known. If Roms were illegal as Nintendo claimed, then that site would've been gone a long long time ago