Best jailbreak apps for iPhone 5 and iPad mini

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
They've probably been said but these are my own personal favorite/most useful to me.

biteSMS
NCsettings
KillBackground
Safari Download Enabler
iFile

Close 6th
MiWi

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Springtomize 2 it does like 10+tweaks in 1 tweak.
In case you?re not familiar with Springtomize 2, it adds an application icon to your home screen and a preferences pane to your Settings application. You can access either of these to get to Springtomize 2?s options. From the options, you?ll be able to customize all kinds of features of your SpringBoard, such as your device?s animations, capabilities, features of the dock, features of the lock screen, features of your icons, features of your folders, features of your App Switcher, features of your Status Bar, features of Notification Center, and a whole lot more.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if Auxo developer Sentry would implement this slight change which would make it more functional and practical, would look good to the eyes too. If any one can make this possible, it would be great!!
This would make good use of the wasted space on the upper half of the screen.
Auxo Redesign.png

Last edited:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
The newest is not the "best"

Sbsettings is absolutely easential!
Literally a safety net.
Plus the toggles.
Therefore ncsettings should
Not be included in the best of
List, as it IS NOT THE BEST.…

Bitesms is what messaging SHOULD be. Has to be on the list.

Reset all killer is so greatly under appreciated! How many threads have we read here where someone accidentally used that reset menu??
That's gotta be on the list!

Lorem and ipsum Get rid of notifications, both a must.

Bulletin, LI or intelliscreenx, it's going to boil down to personal choices, but the enhancement to notification center makes these three a TOP Jailbreak app…

Pandora downloader. Pandora, but better, and better, oh yeah and BETTER

Springtomize2, when this app is fully compatible, it's like 13 different springboard tweaks in one! A must have.

gridlock! Why isn't placing your icons EXACTLY where you want, THE standard on ios?

folder enhancer. Folders the way they
Should be. LITERALLY you want it in a folder, it's in there!

And the theming stuff, winterboard, color keyboard,and whatever that status bar one is that I can't remember for the carrier name… zeppelin?

I had gridlock on my iOS5.1.1 but when I installed in on iOS6.1/JB it kept crashing and putting my phone into Safe Mode. had to uninstall it... :-(

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Any ideas for themes/apps on the mini??

I just jailbroke and want to get the most out the mini but it seems a little different compared to the phone.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I still have not find as much stuff for my iPad as I have for my iPhone. I really like intelliscreenx, winterboard, barrel, nitrous, and accelerate. Don't forget zeppelin. Just check them out on cydia and look at the screen shots. Makes the iPhone a really nice device.

mk3s

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
biteSMS - hands down best alternative messaging app. Some of the awesome features include quick messaging, quick reply and enabling message cancelling.
MyWi - Enables bluetooth, usb, and hotspot tethering.
NCSettings - Quicktoggles. I actually prefer this over sbsettings. NCSettings is much more minimal though you do sacrifice a little of the additional functionality that sbsettings provides
iFile - Root file browsing, tons of uses for this.
Safari Download Manager - Great for downloading roms and other files straight from safari
LockInfo - Much much better than ISX imo. I really don't see whats so great about ISX to begin with. Sure there is mail/twitter/rss/facebook tab(Widget) things in ISX but relative to the actual native apps these tabs are ugly and have very little utility. Why check your twitter feed in the crappy tab in ISX when you can view it in a great looking app like tweetbot and have all of your twitter functions right there? Additionally, ISX is more expensive, and in my experience is harsher on battery life.
SwipeSelection - Awesome new way to move your cursor through text.
MobileTerminal -
ProTube 2 - Great for downloading youtube vids or just the music in youtube vids.
Auxo - Awesome replacement task switcher with quick toggles, music widget enhancements and great ui
iTransmission 3 - For those who like to torrent on the go.
3G Unrestrictor - Still useful for those who can't facetime over 3g
Nownow - Can set an activator action to bring up googles voice search. Faster and better than siri for certain things.
OmniStat - Nice looking widget with tons of useful information provided quickly and easily.

SMS GV Extension - Half the reason i jailbreak is for this messaging extension. Allows you to integrate google voice messaging into the messaging app. This also works flawlessly with bitesms. Not ready for ios 6 though yet =(
Phone GV Extension - Allows calling using google voice through native phone app
Reveal - Notifications on lock screen will show the entirety of the text instead of "..."
Graviboard - Fun tweak that simulates gravity on your homescreen making your icons fall.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I like to use
Auxo
Messages+
3G unrestrictor for apps like Audible and some games
That's about it.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
For now, BiteSMS (a must), Springtomize 2, Auxo, activator, and maybe an app I shouldn't mention here. I won't explain since they have all been mentioned.

Also using Activoice to create activator actions for launching Google Search directly to voice searches text search, goggles (why...LOL). Google Now is much smarter and faster than Siri for web searches. Siri is good for being an assistant (reading texts, creating reminders, setting alarms, etc).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Any tweaks to change the LTE to an icon/text? I know 3G indicators used to work but haven't even tried yet and I'm assuming they wouldn't.

beeray

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having problems with bulletin. I seem to be respring and ncsettings is not showing up. Those are my only two tweaks.

Beeray

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Any tweaks to change the LTE to an icon/text? I know 3G indicators used to work but haven't even tried yet and I'm assuming they wouldn't.

If you find out please let me know, or if i could get rid of it all together, ive been looking everywhere and can block and change everything else but that

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I think SwipeBack has proven to be a great tweak for iPhone 5 users since the back button is a little harder to reach... Instead you can just swipe from the left side of the screen where it feels comfortable.

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I honestly am not that big of a fan of bitesms since installing it. Everyone hypes it up. I guess I need to watch some youtube videos on it to get more comfortable with the functionality and seettings.